Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2016 (Australia delivery) & I have the same situation as TommyLotto.....I turn it off (I hate it on) in the TFT settings & it will stay off for days sometimes weeks then all of a sudden it will turn back on for no apparent reason (and yes..it is a little alarming). Seems quite common (well the dealer says it is) so I live with it...FYI the A button was introduced on the MY19. Also in the 2016 there is no annoying orange dash light (or any light) that shows if the system is on or off. I don't think it's a problem as such, just one of those odd things.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you drive the car regularly or you leave it for days without driving ?
Its not my daily drive so, yes, it can sit for a while. Probably the most unusual thing, & I logged it in the first few months, is its not related to how many cycles of starting & turning off. I can be out & have it happen a couple of times (after re-turning it off) in the same day, then drive it for the next week & it won't do it. Mystery that I'm OK with now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I thought maybe the battery low can do a kind of a reset or something
To be honest I'm convinced it is a 'glitch' in the software program...it's just too random to be anything else.....other than that, happy & no problems with the car from new (now 4 years)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was wondering if anyone knew how to permanently turn off the automatic start and stop... I figured out how to turn it off, but it defaults back to on when the car is turned off.

I really hate this setting... specially cause one of the best parts of this car is the amazing exhaust sound, which I love to hear even while stopped at a light.
[/QU

Drive it in sport mode and you won’t have to worry about a thing

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
111 Posts
No one has reported a way to permanently disable it. 'Fraid to say that my "start the car" habit is 1-Accept, 2-Disable Stop/Start. Inconvenient but the only way for now.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts