Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

If you've bought a Ghibli or are about to, how old are you?

• 20-29

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • 30-39

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • 40-49

Votes: 29 36.7%
  • 50-59

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • 60-69

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • 70+

Votes: 2 2.5%
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is interesting. I wonder what the twenty-something does for living! (Probably tech-related!)
I fall in the 20-29 category (albeit on the very end of that spectrum) and I'm an engineer :)

·
Registered
852 Posts
I am going to be 58 next week.......Dieselmcore.......have you gotten your car???? I ordered the same colors and am dying to hear how the car looks in the flesh...........

·
Registered
695 Posts
We're in our mid 60's and my wife wanted this car! Tired of Audi's. I drive a SLK55 and I'm already thinking of the next crazy car, maybe if they update the GTS!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm 29, be 30 next month. Professional numismatist (I sell rare coins in the $5,000 to $1Million range each) to extremely affluent clients looking for alternative tangible investments. Got started when I was about 15 and got really successful doing it. Always believed that to be good at something, you have to absolutely love what you do.

Reactions: Mark Woodburn

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It seems the Ghibli is having more success with the under 50 year-old market. Very interesting considering its price.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am 32 and I manage a life insurance agency here in Ohio.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A younger buyer age then I would have guessed. I would have guessed the average age is 50, but this looks to be more like 40.

·
Registered
80 Posts
This result may be a little bit wrong, because I think that 50+ are not typically participating in a forum. I will be 62 in 2014 so I think that I'm rather in the minority in this forum.
Last spring when the Ghibli was presented in Shanghai I was able to see a marketing study which showed the target customer for the Ghibli as follows as I can remember:
In the USA male about 75% (in Europe nearly only male...), younger with 40-55 than the normal E-class driver( I think 45-65), self employed( owner of a company or lawyers/ other professionals with higher education levels), top managers incl. health sector. This for the USA. In Europe it's a little bit different. They are a little bit older than in the USA, I think 5 years and there are differences between Germany/UK and rest of Europe. In China the target age is the youngest (35-45).
In Europe sportiness is more important than in the USA. Exterior design is No1 reason to buy outside China. For them brand prestige is No1.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think the younger generation (myself included) are being trusted more than ever before as leaders in industry. There is significant talent out there and I think we're finally breaking through the mold of yesterday when success was generally achieved through time and working one's way up rather slowly.

Anyhow, that's another thread entirely for another forum I'm sure.

Reactions: Ash
1 - 20 of 64 Posts