Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Sorry to see that !!

It still amazes me that people don't have the courtesy and/or b**s to leave their information if they cause something other than minor damage.

Where were you parked - mall, RR station? It happened to me once at a RR station on one of my Audi's - some idiot also keyed pr**k down the side of it for good measure.

DD

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to the police and according to them this is a key scratch made deliberately... I always said that if I see someone deliberately keying a car I would do something (shout or something) ... It's quite deep and there is a bump so someone decided to pass his nerves on my car... That's also probably why insurances are so expensive on those cars...

·
Registered
10 Posts
PeB sorry you had to go through this!! Had similar thing on a couple of cars in the past. Although I'm surprised your insurance is high on the car. I went from a Lexus IS 250 to the ghibli and my insurance went down $300 a year.

·
Administrator
2,411 Posts
Really sorry to hear and see ... there are no excuses for folks to do that. You can see they really put deliberate pressure to make that compression in the fender.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I was eating dinner at a local pizza joint a few weeks ago when somebody came inside and asked "who owns the nice blue car in the lot". I said "me, why"? He said because somebody just backed into it. Of course I ran out into the lot and caught the person before they left. Very thankful for the guy who came in and told me!

It was surprisingly expensive to fix what I thought was just minor paint damage. About $2000 but fortunately charged to the other guy's insurance and the car is back now good as new!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I always park in areas where I won't get door dings and I still get people parking right next to me. I can't imagine what I would do if I saw someone do that. There is a video where a business owner kept getting keyed when he parked in front of his business. He put a camera up and caught the culprit. Turned out to be the US mailman because he couldn't park in front of the Business.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
I am so sorry to see that. I have zero tolerance for the vandalizing of people's properties. Whoever did this sucks as a human. Sorry man.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all for your support....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts