Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a hole in the B pillar headliner of my 2015 Ghibl SQ4. I purchased the car in January this year and this had already occurred, as it seems the original owner was of a height that cased the seat belt to rub along the edge of the headliner and basically wore a hole in it. This is a design defect as a simple edge guard or different seat belt angle would eliminate this. Maserati Care calls this wear and tear and will not cover it under warranty. Does anyone one else have this issue or seen it?

Carl
2015 Ghibli SQ4

Attachments

·
Registered
651 Posts
This is a know issue and is covered under warranty. The replacement B-pillar covers have a small lip that prevents the seatbelt from rubbing on the pillar.

·
Registered
651 Posts

Couldn't find a better picture of the pillars right now, but this is how the revised ones look.
The OCD part for me is the lip on the new revision wears off, revealing the black plastic underneath. I've just had the pillars replaced under warranty for the second time because of this.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK I am not the only one. Dealer (Ferrari-Maserati of LI) stated Maserati considers this wear and tear and that is complete BS as far as am concerned. May they cover under warranty in the EU not in US?

·
Registered
133 Posts
OK I am not the only one. Dealer (Ferrari-Maserati of LI) stated Maserati considers this wear and tear and that is complete BS as far as am concerned. May they cover under warranty in the EU not in US?
I’ve never covered one under warranty. Most interior stuff would get declined when we would submit the paperwork for warranty. If a dealer would good will the piece that would be a different story but it’s technically not covered because it isn’t a material defect. Design flaw, possible. Not an issue with the part itself which is Maserati’s Stance

·
Registered
651 Posts
As far as I know, Maserati NA is a completely different entity from the Maserati (Europe) and they have different rules, BUT... There is a big BUT here: while they replaced the b-pillars (twice) no question asked (the fact there is a new revision tells us it's a known issue which they don't consider to fall under the "normal wear and tear" but under "design flaw"), they won't replace my slightly worn steering wheel saying it's normal wear and tear, something Maserati NA apparently does (there is a Ron's Rides video on this).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had my steering wheel replaced with no questions asked. It is heated and cost an insane amount of $$ at least on the invoice (warranty covered) and had a few spots where the leather was flaking. I was surprised this was done with no argument as it wasn't that bad, but the headliner they refuse...

·
Registered
133 Posts
I had my steering wheel replaced with no questions asked. It is heated and cost an insane amount of $$ at least on the invoice (warranty covered) and had a few spots where the leather was flaking. I was surprised this was done with no argument as it wasn't that bad, but the headliner they refuse...
The steering wheel is a separate issue. There was a tech bulletin put out because the leather in the steering wheel was too absorbent of oils and lotions in hands that it would deteriorate easily. It got updated. It’s a bit of a different issue because of the way it’s worn down. Like if your seat bottom got worn out from how much you sit on it. That’s wear and tear. The b pillar cover got worn because of how much the seat belt moved on it. The steering wheel wore out early because of the type of leather used and how it reacted to oils and lotion, not because of how often you used it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
May just look for some edge trim to put on myself.

Not sure how long it would have taken me to notice without seeing this thread, purchased 2016 S Q4 with 17K miles about two months ago.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mine wore through a small hole as well; had a guy texture fill the hole. Color match is perfect but it is not like soft fabric. Not noticeable any more at least. I cut the bottom from a plastic food container (utilizing the curve from bottom to side) and it slips between the pillar and the bolstered headliner and stays there. When the belt is pulled, it slides along the plastic lip (similar to the replacement item pictured earlier in this thread).

·
Registered
196 Posts
Really glad I saw this thread because mine is just starting to show some signs of wear in the alcantara. I had the plastic guide thing on the passenger side replaced a couple years ago when the original one fell through to the inside and the new one on there has the little plastic guard. I'll have to MacGyver something for my driver side.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts