Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get a plate holder for the back license plate for my husband's 2014 Ghibli. Right now there is a dealer plate on it. Does Maserati have an "official" Ghibli plate holder yet? If so, where did you get it? I cannot find one on their Shop website. If not there isn't an official Ghibli plate holder yet, what type of plate holder do you have and where did you get it? Also, anyone get those Maserati screw caps? Do that actually work?

Thanks in advance for all the feedback!

·
Registered
863 Posts
There is not a official back license plate from Maserati still yet. I was also looking for one. Ended up finding a black Maserati license plate from ebay for 12 bucks. I think it has gone more cheaper. But the material is very good and the plate looks amazing.

Maserati "Logo" Black Metal License Plate Frame | eBay

There are a ton more just search "maserati back license plate" on ebay.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I would like to get a plate holder for the back license plate for my husband's 2014 Ghibli. Right now there is a dealer plate on it. Does Maserati have an "official" Ghibli plate holder yet? If so, where did you get it? I cannot find one on their Shop website. If not there isn't an official Ghibli plate holder yet, what type of plate holder do you have and where did you get it? Also, anyone get those Maserati screw caps? Do that actually work?

Thanks in advance for all the feedback!

Hi here are a couple of license plate covers for maserati cars on ebay...
there are no specific one's to Ghibli that I know of or that I could find...
You can prob make one yourself on CafePress.com or click here http://www.cafepress.com/+license-plate-frames to design your own.

Maserati Chrome License Plate Frame StainlessSteel Blackletters | eBay

"Maserati" License Plate Frame Custom Made of Chrome | eBay

The screw caps work fine too here a link to them on ebay:

Black Maserati License Plate Frame Laser Engrave Car Stainless Steel w/Screw Cap

·
Administrator
2,599 Posts
Our dealer uses "chrome" plate frame. First time I haven't bought after market. I have put foam on it so it doesn't rattle since it is only attached on top.
Good idea on foam ... I'll have to do something similar. I don't like the way the plate/frame rattles when you close the trunk.

My new servicing dealer just replaced the selling dealers chrome Maserati plate frame which looks fine for me. I'd likely put the money towards luxury Maserati embroidered aftermarket plush interior mats over the stock ones.

Reactions: Spsesq

·
Registered
105 Posts
The first thing I did when I got home from taking delivery is take off the plate holder with the dealers name on it! I am going to put on either a clear or lightly tinted plate cover on the back (going naked with no plate on the front!!).

·
Registered
100 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
I had the following dilemma. I was proud of my Son going away to college but I refuse to put one of the college name stickers on the rear window of the Maserati.

So when I dropped him off at school last weekend, I bought, along with all his books, a chrome license plate frame from the school. It looks great in chrome and blue matching the chrome Maserati on the trunk lid and my blue Emozione. I now get the best of both worlds, show my pride in my Son and instead of the dealer plate I have his school.;)

Steve

·
Registered
852 Posts
I had the following dilemma. I was proud of my Son going away to college but I refuse to put one of the college name stickers on the rear window of the Maserati.

So when I dropped him off at school last weekend, I bought, along with all his books, a chrome license plate frame from the school. It looks great in chrome and blue matching the chrome Maserati on the trunk lid and my blue Emozione. I now get the best of both worlds, show my pride in my Son and instead of the dealer plate I have his school.;)

Steve

Way to go Steve...........nice solution......

·
Registered
105 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
There is a long post on these types of plates. They come manual and motorized but the latter which is very cool tends to not work after a while. I considered this and looked around as there are a number of offerings but decided to just forget the front plate.............plus installation is about $300 which I understand is a rip as you can do it yourself very easily.....last issue is clearance so be careful it you go this option.............

·
Registered
480 Posts
Guys
The motorized version CANNOT work with the Ghibli. The bumper angle is such that the motor unit will hit the ground and drag on the road. I know because I bought the motorized version and the dealer tried to install it and realized the clearance issue. As I wrote on the thread Ed so rightfully referred to, I am going plate less on the front. Driving plotless in NJ is not a primary offense. In other words if you get pulled over for speeding, the plate offense will be an add on ticket. I'll take my chances because I AM NOT drilling into the front of this car.
Steve

·
Registered
80 Posts
Driving plotless in NJ is not a primary offense. In other words if you get pulled over for speeding, the plate offense will be an add on ticket. I'll take my chances because I AM NOT drilling into the front of this car.
Steve
I got pulled not because of speed but because of lack of front plate (NJ here). The first comment from the cap was: You got a nice car. Really? No kidding! I told him it is a brand new one and I am waiting for special mount for the car (I lied, I know it was bad), but he let me go without anything. So, beware you might get pulled because you are "different" than other countless BMWs and AUDIs on the road without front plates.

FoxBeat

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi -can you post a picture of what this looks like on the front of your car in both up and down position? Thanks.
It's 5 screws that go under the bumper and holds the bracket... doesn't do any damage to the front of the bumper and when folded looks clean... Here in NY we don't have the luxury of driving without a front plate... so it was either that or a huge bracket screwed on the front of the bumper... I paid under $50.00 i think i got it on ebay... It's very useful and easy to install took me a whole 2.5 min :)

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Etodd31856, I have the 2015 Maserati Ghibli S Q4, and when I attempted to replace the temporary tag from the dealership to the permanent tag, the plastic grommets that hold the screws broke. I had a hard time removing them but I finally did. I bought some grommets for license plates at the auto parts and they are too big and do not fit on the square holes for the rear plate to be secured. I have been looking online to buy them but they are a few sizes and I do not want to buy the wrong thing again.
Checkout the following vendor and please tell me if you happen to know if they have the size that fits our vehicle:
https://www.belmetric.com/license-plate-fasteners-license-plate-grommets-c-1_32.html
I appreciate any help you can give me!
Right now I have some round hollow wall anchor holding the license plate.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts