Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi Etodd31856, I have the 2015 Maserati Ghibli S Q4, and when I attempted to replace the temporary tag from the dealership to the permanent tag, the plastic grommets that hold the screws broke. I had a hard time removing them but I finally did. I bought some grommets for license plates at the auto parts and they are too big and do not fit on the square holes for the rear plate to be secured. I have been looking online to buy them but they are a few sizes and I do not want to buy the wrong thing again.
Checkout the following vendor and please tell me if you happen to know if they have the size that fits our vehicle:
https://www.belmetric.com/license-plate-fasteners-license-plate-grommets-c-1_32.html
I appreciate any help you can give me!
Right now I have some round hollow wall anchor holding the license plate.
I had the same problem. Just called my dealer and they mailed me 2 replacements that is designed to fit the square holes for anchoring the licence plate screws.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Does anybody know if the license plate frame screw hole dimensions apart is different between the 2014 and the 2015 Ghibli's? I'm trying to buy the black license plate frame from ebay but for some reasons it said its not compatible with the 15 model only the 14 model, I don't see why its not compatible?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Does anybody know if the license plate frame screw hole dimensions apart is different between the 2014 and the 2015 Ghibli's? I'm trying to buy the black license plate frame from ebay but for some reasons it said its not compatible with the 15 model only the 14 model, I don't see why its not compatible?

They are the same!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
644 Posts
the square holes for american plates are the same for all models 2014 and up. jaguar has plastic grommets that fit perfectly and are lasting rather than single use. a 4.2mmx16mm screw works well too.

scrapearmor makes underguards for the front bumper as well as a 4point rear plate mount that is sturdy. the mount screws into the threaded euro holes and then provides 4 mounting holes for an american plate.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
I used the screw solution rather than replacing cheapo plastic grommets/inserts; I 'shaped'/bent the license plate to fit the curvature of the bumpers and also used used some two sided tape to further reduce vibration/rattling etc

21 - 28 of 28 Posts