Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a '14 Ghibli SQ4 yesterday. System settings started failing today. Unable to use phone, hear radio or adjust interior speaker system. Flatbed tow pick up tomorrow. Hopefully its just a program issue and not the beginning of a long string of electrical issues. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Picked up a '14 Ghibli SQ4 yesterday. System settings started failing today. Unable to use phone, hear radio or adjust interior speaker system. Flatbed tow pick up tomorrow. Hopefully its just a program issue and not the beginning of a long string of electrical issues. Wish me luck.
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.
Sounds like a computer glitch that needs reprogramming.
Please keep us posted. Good Luck.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Good luck and fingers crossed ...

Hopefully in a few hours you will get it back and be able to finally enjoy it ...

Reactions: Mangirek

·
Registered
242 Posts
if your vehicle has the "Premium Radio" this may be a simple software issue with the amplifier.

The amplifier will require replacement and the vehicle will return to normal operation.
AFAIK there is no software update to alleviate the software issue.

·
Registered
20 Posts
After a couple of weeks my yellow engine light came on and the remote autostart would not work except for about 5 seconds. Car is at the dealer now and it is supposedly a software issue. One can only hope.

I love the car, but I am going to be disappointed if this is a recurring problem. I don't have the time or the patience to continually bring the vehicle back to the dealer. Never had this problem with my Mercedes, but then again, my Mercedes was nowhere near as much fun to drive as my Ghibli.

Good luck with your car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
False alarm - not informed by dealer

Lesson learned. Push button starter button has 3 positions - off, on, accessory. History with BMW is 2 functions. All electronics shut down when doors are locked.

While fiddling around with malfunctioning system software tools, I left accessory on draining the battery. Never explained at delivery. Every valet will get a brief tutorial. Better this than something mechanical - I hope! Hopefully back in my garage tomorrow.

·
Administrator
2,522 Posts
Lesson learned. Push button starter button has 3 positions - off, on, accessory. History with BMW is 2 functions. All electronics shut down when doors are locked.

While fiddling around with malfunctioning system software tools, I left accessory on draining the battery. Never explained at delivery. Every valet will get a brief tutorial. Better this than something mechanical - I hope! Hopefully back in my garage tomorrow.
Glad it turned out to be something simple. Only piece puzzling is car should have battery rundown protection to prevent draining the battery.

·
Registered
357 Posts

Glad it wasn't anything major. Enjoy your car.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi cmuhlstein,

If you provide me with some further details through PM, I can get in touch with your local dealer to see if we can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

MaseratiCares

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi cmuhlstein,

If you provide me with some further details through PM, I can get in touch with your local dealer to see if we can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

MaseratiCares
Thanks but they returned the car via flatbed and it appears to be good as new. You may want to instruct dealer representatives to describe the accessory function of the start button and to make sure cars long out on display have properly charged batteries. Keep caring. We appreciate it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yes I am, I'm the Social Media Manager for Maserati North America.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts