Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
2,295 Posts
Just posting an update - Found out today the diff is backordered so it's 2-3 weeks out. However, Maserati NA is working with my dealership to try and speed up the process in finding a new diff. I'll keep everyone posted. Also, the selling dealership is reviewing all of the paperwork and will get back to me; they still have not yet given me an update on what they will offer me.
Hopefully, they get one for you soon. The whole Covid 19 thing has put parts inventory in short supply. Suspect they are getting shipped from Italy. And Maserati typically, won't offer parts from a low mileage wreck, (some dealers may suggest that as an opportunity, but they are supposed to use only new parts).

Reactions: localbrew

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hopefully, they get one for you soon. The whole Covid 19 thing has put parts inventory in short supply. Suspect they are getting shipped from Italy. And Maserati typically, won't offer parts from a low mileage wreck, (some dealers may suggest that as an opportunity, but they are supposed to use only new parts).
Thanks BeerGuy, but I really don't want a wrecked part, I want a factory new part and yes I would agree that COVID has likely caused a lot of these delays. I can say that so far I'm impressed with Maserati NA customer service; very responsive, and seems like they really want to help.

·
Administrator
2,295 Posts
Thanks BeerGuy, but I really don't want a wrecked part, I want a factory new part and yes I would agree that COVID has likely caused a lot of these delays. I can say that so far I'm impressed with Maserati NA customer service; very responsive, and seems like they really want to help.
I agree, unless it was from a new car that basically drove out of the dealership and got hit, I'd go for the new part. Glad to hear on your customer service experience.

Maserati is stepping up their game in terms of support and quality, sales are way down ... the market is flooded with used devalued Ghibli's and Maserati customer service wasn't the greatest for a few transitional years. The original Maserati customer service group from New Jersey, (now closed and relocated to Michigan to be with rest of Chrysler Fiat team), were great and really engaged our group, including driving a loaner Ghibli to join us at meets.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
That sounds very cool and maybe they are making an effort to get back to that type of engagement with owners and Maserati enthusiasts. I sure hope so and for now I'm thoroughly impressed. They even followed up with me today saying the part should arrive at my dealer early next week! YAY!!! It will be nice to get the car back on the road and enjoying it again, even if were starting our rainy season LOL.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have my 2014 sq4 for 3 years now and when I bought it from the maserati dealership used with around 68k miles
soon after the transfer case went bad. Paid out of my pocket bought a new take off unit from ebay for $800
and had my indy shop install for another $800, no issues. The stealership wanted over $5000
How has maserati customer service helped you? by finding you a differential or helping with the costs? I wouldnt
be paying the stealership $4000 for a differential. Especially a 7 year old car that goes for 20k
there are plenty of low mileage differentials going for $500 on ebay and any good indy shop can install. Good luck
I been enjoying mine for 3 years even after the transfer case repair

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks Magic - I already purchase a new diff from the dealer so that it's under full warranty

21 - 27 of 27 Posts