Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Per my previous thread, a Ghibli is in the running for me, though only without sunroof as that's the only potential way I can get enough headroom from it.

Looking at the 2015 ordering guides, it appears one of the things I have to sacrifice by not getting a "Touring Package" (i.e the new "Base Package") is any upgraded seats. I also can't get heated seats (sucks but I live in a warm climate anyway,) upgraded stereo (really sucks because I imagine the 200 watt 8 speaker standard one sounds pretty bad), and parking sensors or auto-dimming rearview mirrors. Those are all unfortunate, but considering my height has me working with a small pool of cars, I have very little choice.

The sacrifice that is most imperative is having to keep the standard 6 way seats. I'm wondering if anyone has sat in them and can say if they're adequate? Also, most importantly: Do they offer *LUMBAR SUPPORT*?

Thanks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 6 ways seats is ok for me and it has the Lumbar support.
Great, thanks! Lumbar support is what's most important. Being tall, I assume I'll just have the seat lowered all the way to the floor anyway, so I guess I wouldn't need all the "ways".

Is the 6 way seat made the same way (i.e design and padding/comfort, etc.?)

·
Administrator
2,518 Posts
I'm 6'4" and fine down and back. My son is 6' 5" and right up to the roof.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm 6'4" and fine down and back. My son is 6' 5" and right up to the roof.
Sounds like your son is similar to me in that respect. My head can fit in the sunroof indentation, which makes the borders right there (when I sit upright). The rear border in particular seems to be 2-3" inches thick (downwards).

Too bad there aren't any non-sunroof Ghibli's around me, to confirm, but it would seem like avoiding sunroof would free up the extra inches I'd need.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 6 ways seats is ok for me and it has the Lumbar support.
BTW, can you confirm whether the 6 way base seats have power settings (or manual)? And if they're manual seats, then is there a way to lower it (manually) and if so, does it lower as low as a power seat would?

Thank you. The dealer I spoke to said that the base seats are "not power controlled" and I guess I can live with that (albeit a bit begrudgingly) as long as they'd be maneuverable up and downwards, like power seats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts