Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry folks, I could not locate the exact battery specs for the Ghibli anywhere - just curious as to the capacity. Thanks.

·
Administrator
2,554 Posts
GhibliFan - I have the Maserati CTEK Battery tender permanently mounted to the battery in the trunk, (newest model 1065 with seven stages). It is rated for 14-160Ah batteries ... works fine for me.

I also recognize I paid extra for the "Maserati" battery tender and many others will do the job fine, but wanted it installed when I picked up the car.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BeerGuy - is the 1065 the CTEK Multi US 4.3?
Did you go with the M10 size ring terminals at the battery posts?
I know you provided the detailed picture - I was curious as to the size of the ring terminals.
I will have dealer instal prior to pickup.
Thanks

·
Administrator
2,554 Posts
BeerGuy - is the 1065 the CTEK Multi US 4.3?
Did you go with the M10 size ring terminals at the battery posts?
I know you provided the detailed picture - I was curious as to the size of the ring terminals.
I will have dealer install prior to pickup.
Thanks
The Maserati 940000275 is a CTEK Model 1065.

The CTEK MUS 4.3 states Model 1065 but it appears to be an even newer version ... 8 stages versus my 7.

I've attached pictures of the side view with unit info (you can zoom in to read) and the extra terminal pigtails that were used to connect to battery posts. The dealer charged me $250 for unit and "permanent" installation which I know is very high. Some dealers provided the unit for 1/2 that price.

It worked well for me and fits nicely in the trunk compartment.

Attachments

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Buy the ctek 4.3 if you need this option. You can grab it for $55 on amazon and install it yourself within a few minutes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would like to be able to hook up a battery tester to my 2015 Ghibli battery to monitor my battery strength. In order to use most good battery testers, I need to know the type of battery, the battery cold cranking amps (CCA), and the cranking amps (CA). The battery in my Ghibli has almost no markings. Just "12V 100Ah". To date, my dealer has been completely unwilling to provide me any information about the battery acting like it is some big secret that needs to be kept. Of course this information is not provided by the wafer thin Maserati owner's manual, and I cannot find this information online anywhere.

Does anyone know what type of battery the Maserati Ghibli uses (e.g. standard lead acid?), what is the battery's cold cranking amps (CCA) and cranking amps (CA)? I would be very grateful.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts