Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Administrator
2,383 Posts
Either of those are acceptable and proven in-use options for trickle charger.
I'm using Negative A and Positive A for my setup since that was the thinking at the time and no need for me to change.
The alternative, preferred by some in Maserati service, is Negative B and either Positive A or B (both work fine). It leaves the Negative A terminal "available" for jump starting from the trunk.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks Beer Guy, this is PERFECT !!
I think I might've read into all of this too far and was getting nervous about mounting the pigtails incorrectly and taking out the monitoring ability of the (IBS) Intelligent Battery Sensor. I'm assuming by mounting in either of these locations the IBS can still properly monitor the state of charge and condition of the battery?

·
Registered
644 Posts
you're still over thinking this too much. just hook them up like your pictures showed and you'll be good.
i think i already went into the IBS and all that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys. New member at the forum which I find very useful already. Recently bought a 2016 Ghibli and I'm wondering if there's a compatible battery tender for Europe. I'm located in Budapest, Hungary.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the Maserati CTEK Battery tender connections permanently mounted to battery in trunk, (newest model 1065 with seven stages). Connections are slide over the battery posts under the truck deck as Etodd indicates on right side. There are extra clamps which I keep in the tender box. Took service technician less than 5 minutes to attach the battery tender connections to battery posts when I picked up the car new.

The thin wire cable snakes out of the battery/spare tire area which than connects to tender unit which plugs into your extension cord.

What's interesting is I keep the charging unit on floor by car, while on my Jaguar XKR the whole thing is mounted inside the car with extension cord coming out of trunk. I think the thinner gauge wire of the tender lets me more easily close the trunk.

Seems to work fine for me. I've been traveling in Germany and Switzerland so keep the car plugged in when not being driven for over a week, (travel or bad weather).
I didn't see this post before but I have .y tender set up like yours but I was worried about the thick wire and the trunk locking thanx

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
on my Maserati, the charger came as standard when I received the car new and with the connections already done by Maserati

this is how it is right now as I don't drive it in winter
The battery is the original one from Johnson Control - Varta EFB HEAVY DUTTY L5 12V 95Ah

81 - 87 of 87 Posts