Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Be prepare to loose big bucks

As you all know by now, I'm very disappointed with the quality of the Ghibli and the fact that it rattles like an old piece a junk even if it's obly 3 weeks old. I express my feeling to my dealer and ask them to make me an offer to buy back the car. 3 weeks, 1000 miles (1600km) and the are offering me 35,000$ less then what I paid.

Make sure you know what you are buying because getting out of this car will cost you a fortune!

Worst mistake of my life.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I've heard cars can lose up to 10% the moment you drive it off the dealership but 35 to 40% is just outrageous. Another instance of Maseratis atrocious customer care. I think this is the most popular forum for the Ghibli with almost 1300 members and lots of prospective buyers that check in as guests and this kind of press can't be good for the company. They know this because they have a social media rep MaseratiCares/Howie on this forum but yet they keep messing up.

Good luck JohnnyA. I hope they do right by you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've heard cars can lose up to 10% the moment you drive it off the dealership but 35 to 40% is just outrageous. Another instance of Maseratis atrocious customer care. I think this is the most popular forum for the Ghibli with almost 1300 members and lots of prospective buyers that check in as guests and this kind of press can't be good for the company. They know this because they have a social media rep MaseratiCares/Howie on this forum but yet they keep messing up.

Good luck JhonnyA. I hope they do right by you.
Maserati don't really care, it all in the hands of the dealer and he doesn't care. I was ready to loose 10-12,000$ but at this rate the car will be worth less then a kia next year!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Another dealer?
Someone can fix rattles. I know how you feel though, I had a G Wagon and ended up either fixing rattles myself (when the dealer couldn't) or isolating the rattles so the dealer could.

Here in Montreal it's our fabulous Ferrari Quebec / Maserati Quebec dealer. They count their millions and don't care about customers.

I been trying to get a hold of the service department with info on the famous rattle and radio silence. They only care about long establish ferrari customer.

They must be laughing right now.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Here in Montreal it's our fabulous Ferrari Quebec / Maserati Quebec dealer. They count their millions and don't care about customers.

I been trying to get a hold of the service department with info on the famous rattle and radio silence. They only care about long establish ferrari customer.

They must be laughing right now.
That's an absolute shame. Maserati has got to step up to the plate here. This is just insane.May be some of our members from Quebec can express their displeasure to the Quebec dealer and then it might catch their attention.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Sound like your dealer sucks, you should name him. With a few really bad exceptions most of us have gotten everything fixed due to the efforts of our dealers. There will always be lemons that why we have lemon laws.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just want to make a quick point here...

We all had access to the reviews about this car before purchase, and they all told us the same thing, "this is not the build quality of a German luxury sedan." It is unrealistic for you to be disappointed because you knew what you were buying. What you did buy however, is an Italian Exotic that is a head turner, and you don't drive an E-class like everybody else in your neighborhood now.

I used to be the AMG Service Advisor for the oldest Benz dealer in NY. Every day customers would say "I bought this car because it's supposed to be reliable." This is a silly notion and my response has always been "If you want reliable, buy a Hyundai or a Toyota, what you have here is a SAFE car that is fast." There are tons of merits in buying from a luxury or sport brand, but they are also highly complicated cars and the manufacturers always make certain compromises.

What I'm trying to say at least is be happy with your Ghibli. Mine has 500 miles, I get the radio blackouts, had a CEL at 70 miles (that I reset myself), and it rattles at certain times, but my E-class does not plaster a smile on my face every time I hear the exhaust, nor does it grab the attention of anybody who sees it. I know I got an Italian exotic with quirks and personality, that was the whole idea!

·
Registered
164 Posts
It is unrealistic for you to be disappointed because you knew what you were buying.

I used to be the AMG Service Advisor for the oldest Benz dealer in NY. Every day customers would say "I bought this car because it's supposed to be reliable." This is a silly notion and my response has always been "If you want reliable, buy a Hyundai or a Toyota, what you have here is a SAFE car that is fast." There are tons of merits in buying from a luxury or sport brand, but they are also highly complicated cars and the manufacturers always make certain compromises.
If my service advisor for a $140k AMG told me that, I would run them over.

·
Registered
206 Posts
MaseratiCasres

Who's Howie?
Hi JohnnyA,

Apologies for the late reply. Can you tell me what specific issues you are having and I might be able to help.

Thanks,

Howie from MaseratiCares

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just want to make a quick point here...

We all had access to the reviews about this car before purchase, and they all told us the same thing, "this is not the build quality of a German luxury sedan." It is unrealistic for you to be disappointed because you knew what you were buying.
Thats not exactly an excuse for receiving poor service...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jay, i dont buy that, I didn't buy the second generation of ghibli, I bought a brand new car priced at over 100k CAD. I'm so tired of people trying to convince themselves that they bough a piece of luxury... This ain't a ferrari, it has caracter, it looks good but nobody should accept a car that is not fully baked in the name of driving an exotic.

I was told I would be treated like a king if I would purchase a car there... Not even sure if they sell 200 car a year and I am completely ignore by service... Wow... If treated like a king means you get invited to a cocktail once a year...that does work for me.

Rest assure I'll probably be long gone in a few days and let you guys enjoy your exotic car.

The way that Maserati / dealer have been acting is ridiculous. There are always the arguments that you are buying an Italian car. People will say there are just going to be quirks. Eventually you will pull your heads out of the sand... and like me you will realize it is not such an exotic car.

Wearing a suit from JC Penney with a Salvatore Ferragamo belt doesn't mean you are wearing a designer suit!

Reactions: ssipes and Mangirek

·
Registered
695 Posts
We all know the dumb faults of these cars, but dealers can make it a lot worse.I'm in the process of trading my SLK55 for a F-type Jag. They have really depreciated fast, just like our Masers. I am now on my third dealer trying to make a deal. By the time I get the paperwork the fees and liar math from these guys makes me walk away. It is not my problem Jaguar is way down. Nor is it my problem that Maser is adding totally unqualified dealers and then giving poor dealer support. By the way if a Mercedes service writer had told me I should have bought a Hyundai instead of a $77,000 AMG I would have been at the GM's office right after I told him to go f**k himself as loud as I could. If you don't like dealing with people who have a few bucks go work somewhere else, maybe a Hyundai dealer. Personally I don't think the Ghibli is worth the price but I bought it. They just don't feel as expensive as other cars the same price. My dealer experience with my dealer has been ok,honest. But they are also a multi store Ferrari - Maserati franchise. I don't think a stand alone Maser store can be as good.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts