Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for recommendations...Any of the Philly/NJ area folks out there know of a top notch detailers(s) who you would trust your new Ghibli baby to? I'm in lower Bucks County so ideally somewhere within 30-45 minutes or so.

I'm not quite ready to tackle waxing and/or sealing myself, and thus, am looking to find a professional detailer to do this...However, I don't want to just pick out the phone book, etc.

Any good recommendations for top tier talent?

Thanks!
Rich

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
You can absolutely do it yourself, all you need is time & zaino. Zaino will knock your socks off. Your car will shine so much you will be able to read a newspaper in the reflection. Go to the website and see for youself. Zaino.

If you want a pro, you can check out autobsessions in pennsauken nj. Or if you don't mind driving a little further south you can go to checkers in egg harbor nj. Checkers is phenomenal, they do detailing, powder coating and build custom cars, full showroom, etc. checkers is best! Excellent prices too! Well worth the drive.

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Also you may want to consider tinting you rear door windows, along w rear windshield. It will not only look aesthetically better but it will protect interior from UV.

You can do front doors as well but I personally am not a fan of front doors bc it takes a lot of class away from the car IMO, it's also illegal and if stopped the police could force you to remove it.

If you are interested in doing this your 1st and only choice is "shades of gray" in feasterville. They are best around, total pros, zero bubbles and guarantee their work for life. I had my black car done, 15% on rear half of car, looks very sharp! $180 for rear half of car, $240 for front and rear. By appt only on Saturday, takes about 90 min.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Oakes Detailing in West Chester. Expensive but, he's an authorized Xpel, CQuartz & Opticoat dealer.

My car is an extra vehicle and on lease. So far I haven't brought myself to spend that much money on a car that gets driven once a week and may be given back in three years.

mrpa is spot on with Zaino.

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Here is a photo after the zaino was applied today.

Wash + 2 coats of Z5 polish + 1 coat of Z-CS (sealer like opticoat) which is suppose to last for 9 months.

Total cost was about $10-$15 using the assumption that the zaino kit will yield 10 full cycles like this or 3x per year, and last 3 years per kit ($115 kit)

Results are sick!

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Wash + 2 coats of Z5 polish + 1 coat of Z-CS (sealer like opticoat) which is suppose to last for 9 months.

Total cost was about $10-$15 using the assumption that the zaino kit will yield 10 full cycles like this or 3x per year, and last 3 years per kit ($115 kit)

Results are sick!
Just saw this post now...Wow - looks great!!! Ok, I'm sold on giving Zaino a go!

BTW- The 2nd pic (on your follow-up post) didn't come through...

·
Registered
863 Posts
Mrpa. Slick results definitely worth the shot.. also can you list which products you used.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Results are sick!
I was looking at the Zaino website and had a couple questions in trying to figure out the specific steps and which products to use...

1) Did you use Dawn Ultra liquid detergent to wash the car, as they suggest on the website (in prep)? Makes me feel a little uneasy to use that, although I understand that it's to remove the existing wax/sealant.

2) Did you use ZFX as a catalyst in conjunction with the Z5? BTW- I'm thinking maybe I should use Z2 instead of Z5 since I have a lighter color paint (Grigio Metallo).

3) Did you use Z6 in between coats and before applying the Z-CS?

Thanks!
Rich

·
Administrator
2,554 Posts
I've used Zaino for a number of years on a few of my cars with outstanding results.

I started with the Dawn Ultra wash and claybar (if necessary).

When I did my Black Escalade: Z5 + ZFX for the first two coats, followed by Z2 + ZFX for last layer. Did use the Z6 between coats. Finished with Z-CS.

For my lighter thunder gray car used same as above except used no Z5, (finished small Z2+ZFX bottle of Z2 mixture which usually lasted 2-3 coats).

Must admit Zaino provides a nice water wet look.

For the Ghibli ... I tried something different (GTechniq Professional) ... but continue to use for a couple of my cars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts