·
Registered
312 Posts
OUCH!
That does not sound good.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Sounds like you picked up a stone or something and it's stuck in the disc ?
I have had this hsppen to me before.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Sounds like you picked up a stone or something and it's stuck in the disc ?
I have had this hsppen to me before.
Me too (not on the ghibli)
You have to either drive on yery wealk streets or over bumps to release the stone. Or use somerhing to knock against the break cover plate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm on the list at the dealership for the third generation brake pads because of the squeaking issue. They know about the problem

·
Registered
80 Posts
How often do you drive the car? Almost sounds like you might've either had very rusty rotors or like others said, a rock in the backing plate for the rotor. Another thing I'd like to mention for everybody, so that expectations are reasonable, high performance brakes are characteristically squeaky. Squeaks are typically caused by a higher metal content which makes for better life and better braking. AMG for instance says that a certain amount of squeaking is normal in their pads.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Never had much squeak on SLK55, none on F type, alittle on Maser usually corrected on " bedding in " once in awhile. Very curious about pad update. Let us know.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The car is my daily driver, gets about 20-30 miles every day. Just a quick update on the situation, the dealer resurfaced all 4 of my rotors and changed all the brake pads to the newer ones from what my service adviser told me. These pads are different than what my car originally came with and from the looks of it after driving with these for the past month they still squeal every day. Don't get your hopes up if you think the new pads are gonna be any different.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Remember having squeaky brakes at very low speeds on 2004 645 and 2009 Panamera which got better after a while. Hopefully it will go away soon with Ghibli too.

·
Registered
80 Posts
MOC Products - Preview Information

Follow that link for a very good product. We used that at Benz and it worked wonders. Of course the pads must be removed and the solution must be allowed to soak into the pad material for some time, but it's worth it. Perhaps you can ask your dealer if they will perform the treatment as a warranty brake noise treatment and you can supply the solution, which shouldn't be more than $40 from what I remember.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had roadside come and get it this am. This isn't normal. Sounds like a dust shield or something is caught or grinding. It changes with the direction of the car as well.

I called in and they said don't drive it. I'll post back when they let me know.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had roadside come and get it this am. This isn't normal. Sounds like a dust shield or something is caught or grinding. It changes with the direction of the car as well.

I called in and they said don't drive it. I'll post back when they let me know.
The dealer replaced all the break pads and resurfaced all four rotors. I do not have the service record with me to tell you what the exact cause was.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts