Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, after ordering SQ4 couple weeks ago in Switzerland I was informed recently that Bianco Alpi is no more available for the Ghibli (sounds like quality issues) :/

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello, after ordering SQ4 couple weeks ago in Switzerland I was informed recently that Bianco Alpi is no more available for the Ghibli (sounds like quality issues) :/
That's strange because I ordered a 2015 Bianco Alpi a month ago (for Middle East delivery). So it must be some other reason than quality unless I am about to get some bad news re my color choice :(

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Bianco alpi (PEARL WHITE 216) is in the early 2015 ordering guide, however there was a previous post about a substantial delay for the Alpi (in Europe I think) on a 2014.

Have not seen the 'final'/current 2015 order guide though

DD

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's strange because I ordered a 2015 Bianco Alpi a month ago (for Middle East delivery). So it must be some other reason than quality unless I am about to get some bad news re my color choice :(
I hope you will get your car in Alpi and will share some photos afterwards :) With a little luck I will do the same - the dealer won the battle with Maserati and will be able to deliver mine in Alpi before they stop this color option.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have not understood what kind on quality issue we are talking about. Do we know what's up with the Bianco Alpi? I have that and I do not see issues but I would like to know

Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have not understood what kind on quality issue we are talking about. Do we know what's up with the Bianco Alpi? I have that and I do not see issues but I would like to know

Thanks!
I have a Bianco Alpi SQ4, delivered mid-June. I have noticed significant color variation between body parts, e.g. front fascia vs. hood vs. gas cap. These tend to show up only under direct sunlight. I suspect this has something to do with the underlying surface material -- aluminum vs. polymer vs. steel, but this is just a guess on my part. Perhaps this is the "quality issue" referenced. I intend to take it up with the dealer when I can.

That said, the Alpi is a drop-dead gorgeous color! here it is on Tail of the Dragon (if I can get the image to upload):

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thanks!
Hello Giuseppe! I started this thread because my dealer told me I have to choose another color because he got a call from Maserati (couple weeks AFTER putting together the configuration), that Bianco Alpi is not available for Ghibli anymore.
There is another thread on this forum where you can read about Binco Alpi delays and factory stating there are quality issues with the color.

·
Registered
172 Posts
holy skunk!!!
I am going back tonight and look the whole car under the direct sun light. I haven't noticed anything so far but I will check for sure.
Does anyone have the issue and if so is there anything that the dealership recommend to do?
You guys made me nervous today :)

Giuseppe

·
Registered
31 Posts
If I managed to attach the right pic (sorry, hard to tell from this device) you will see a slightly darker color just under the hood and in front of the fender. I honestly didn't notice it while at the dealership on a sunny day in Riyadh, only when reviewing the pics I took. But it sure does look good in person

·
Registered
172 Posts
Please keep this forum posted on how and if Maserati is going to deal with the issue. I am looking forward to end this working day and run to the parking lot

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello, the same information - bianco alpi not available for ghibli - came today from Austria (Österreich)

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have looked my car 100 times and I could not find any difference in the colors. I will take some pictures and check again on screen and paper. What a pain....

·
Registered
8 Posts
OK, now attaching pic from via my PC. Hopefully this will work.
did you have any feedback from Maserati in terms of replacement of those parts?
i have the same problem and i guess that in the meantime they fixed the factory issue

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dok - sorry for the delay in responding. Actually that car was a 2014 in the lot at the dealership. I bought a 2015. Sometimes at certain angles in certain sunlight I think I see different shades on the different materials (metal/plastic). But honestly, it is not something I ever think about or that anyone has ever commented on.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
123 Posts
The problem with some white colors is that the manufacturers do not prime the plastic/ABS pieces properly and then when the paint is applied, the body panels have slightly different colors that becomes noticeable in bright sun. I had this issue with my previous GT, which was white.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Maserati Italy authorized my local dealer in Dubai for repainting of plastic parts after the report showing the shade difference...do you think it's a good idea?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts