Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the differents between bianco and bianco apli , the second one is also for free?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Right, the metallic white is a pearlescent finish, much more sophisiticated and imparts a "glow" to the car that is noticeable from any distance. If you want a white one, I'd seriously consider getting the metallic. The regular white is flat in comparison and I didn't find it attractive in person when I saw it. Some cars look great in normal white, like some of the bigger Mercedes. But I believe in those cases, the standard white has a tranquil effect on an otherwise busy design with tons of bevels and chrome, so things are balanced out. The Ghibli on the other hand has a classic and clean looking design to begin with, so the regular white finish makes it a bit too plain.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Right, the metallic white is a pearlescent finish, much more sophisiticated and imparts a "glow" to the car that is noticeable from any distance. If you want a white one, I'd seriously consider getting the metallic. The regular white is flat in comparison and I didn't find it attractive in person when I saw it. Some cars look great in normal white, like some of the bigger Mercedes. But I believe in those cases, the standard white has a tranquil effect on an otherwise busy design with tons of bevels and chrome, so things are balanced out. The Ghibli on the other hand has a classic and clean looking design to begin with, so the regular white finish makes it a bit too plain.
Going off of what you said it's probably better if we see these colors in person before ordering whether it be on the Ghibli, another Maserati or even on a color pallet the dealer might have.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I agree completely. I had the non-metallic Bianco in mind until I saw it in person yesterday - to me it looked flat an unattactive on the Ghibli. However, I think the non-metallic Bianco (which is called Bianco Eldorado) looks good on the Granturismo, which is a bit perplexing. :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts