Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

My Ghibli SQ4 2014 has arrived to the 33K Miles service and at the Maserati Dealer they told me is a big service that would required around 4-5 hours labour.

Do you know the schedule or have done this service before? What is going to be changed?

Seems like that spark plugs need to be replaced. From what I saw in another thread this might be the list but I am not sure whether this is complete:

Oil Change
Spark Plugs
Fuel Induction Cleaning
Pollen Filter
Air Filter

These could be done by the local mechanic guy but the problem is how to reset the Maintenance notice light check in dashboard. For this would you need the official Maserati service computer?

thank you

·
Registered
34 Posts
Oil change, filters and spark plugs can be done in an hour to 1.5 hours by a home mevchanic, never mind a professional. I am unsure what fuel sysetm cleaning method they use but unlikely it takes 3 hours to perform.

·
Registered
525 Posts
What do you mean by induction system cleaning? you mean air filters or more?
the only thing that fouls up are the intake valves, developing carbon buildup on the base and stem. options for cleaning it are manually with a solvent, pick, and scrapers of home made design; or media blasting with walnut shells.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts