Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone experienced the car unexpectedly shuttering just when you're almost coming to the complete stop? its not so much of a shutter than it is of two awkward thumps... feels as if i stepped on the brakes hard twice before stopping (though i braked in a normal smooth motion).. this problem comes and goes.. sometimes the brakes feel normal.. other time it does the two awkward thumps..

this is very troubling to me... i just picked up the car about 2 weeks ago... should i bring the car in? anyone have any idea what's the problem??

·
Registered
863 Posts
Best opinion is to get it checked... You are still under warranty...

·
Registered
695 Posts
I get the same once in awhile in standard mode. I think it's the trans catching up to a down shift. Does not due it in sport mode

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I get the same once in awhile in standard mode. I think it's the trans catching up to a down shift. Does not due it in sport mode
Yea. It only happens in standard mode. When I turn it onto sport mode it doesn't happen anymore. If it's the transmission catching up to a downshift it sure feels almost like an awkward knee jerk reaction.... Is this supposed to happen? Or something that should be fixed?

·
Registered
695 Posts
I would hope it is a software fix. But without a Maser service bulleton it would be up to the individual dealer, and of course it will never do it when they drive it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So u think it's a software problem? Did you bring the car in to service when this happened to u?

Wondering if the majority of people experienced this glitch also..

·
Registered
695 Posts
Waiting for a part to come from Italy before I go back to dealer , will mention it then. These trans are all computer controlled that why they are "adaptive."

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same thing. Just started happening after six months of use. Feels like car surges as the transmission shifts down to first. Occurs with very smooth breaking. Almost feels like I need to concentrate or I might bump into something. Seems worse after hot days or extended use...but it is intermittent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts