Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do have a 2016 Maserati ghilbi SQ4. brakes were changed at 16,000 miles CPO certified from Maserati Gold Coast New York after purchasing the vehicle I put about 800 miles on the car with brand new brakes and rotors. The vehicle while reversing are squeaking horribly and loud every time on reverse as well now coming to a full stop at a red light four of the brakes are squeaking as well. While pressing the brakes at times the rotors feel like they are Grinding. The Dealer at Troy motor mall Maserati located in Michigan says that all brakes are like that as well they need to be heated up everytime and all Maserati brakes make a loud squeaking noise. Car does go in the shop for this noise on Monday as well! Has anyone have this problem?????

·
Registered
100 Posts
Good video toshy. I wish they would have gone into bedding in the pads for new brakes, not sure if this can affect squealing or just vibration.

I had new pads/rotors installed on my 2016 before I picked it up in the spring. I made sure that as soon as I got it I bedded in the pads as best I could, no squeaks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Frankly, they will just squeak like that based on weather conditions, even when all of the mechanical pieces are in perfect condition. It will pass, return randomly, et+.
It’s just soooo annoying to hear and when you are going out and pulling up to valet and it squeaks it’s like a train stopping I hate it they said it’s normal and all maseratis do that, it’s driving me crazy!

·
Registered
652 Posts
It’s just soooo annoying to hear and when you are going out and pulling up to valet and it squeaks it’s like a train stopping I hate it they said it’s normal and all maseratis do that, it’s driving me crazy!
Sell it and get yourself a Toyota Camry. Shi**y brakes don't squeak. Problem solved.

·
GhibliForum.com Vendor
329 Posts
Bedding pads is always important, we offer some Quiet, Low Dust pads that can help as well.

Feel free to reach out to us by phone or email with any questions, always happy to help!

Best Regards,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts