Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So sometime ago upgraded to 2018 sq4. Now it has 16k and things going bad:
-brake pads and rotors of the right side of the car went bad. Rotors are extremely warped. You hear metal to metal sound. Why only one side?
-the ABS, ESC and AWD light turn on with the messages to service. Idk if is related to the brakes being so bad.
Trying to push for warranty claim with dealer for this since complete brake job is 3200.

Anyone else deal with this issues? And anywhere i can do brake job cheaper in North NJ?

Thanks
Rich

·
Registered
2014 GT MC / 2018 Ghibli SQ4 Gransport
322 Posts
hmm that's tough to hear bud. I also have an 18 SQ4, about 12k miles clocked. Can't say I've had the same issues with my brakes although i've been meaning to take a look at them b/c I think i hear faint grinding. But no messages flashing on my dash.

good luck, that doesn't seem like normal wear and tear, especially if it's only on one side.

·
Registered
183 Posts
-brake pads and rotors of the right side of the car went bad. Rotors are extremely warped. You hear metal to metal sound. Why only one side?
-the ABS, ESC and AWD light turn on with the messages to service. Idk if is related to the brakes being so bad.
Trying to push for warranty claim with dealer for this since complete brake job is 3200.

Anyone else deal with this issues? And anywhere i can do brake job cheaper in North NJ?

Thanks
Rich
Hi Rich,
We would like to further discuss the concerns you are experiencing with your Maserati. Please follow up with us in a private message so that we may assist.

MaseratiCares

·
Registered
54 Posts
Rotors and brakes suck. I would swap them out with aftermarket like Formula Dynamics which are also ceramic so quieter.

Sounds like you're battery may be dying? Just so you know all those lights were showing on my car before and it was because the battery needed replaced. The car still started but I guess didn't have enough juice to run everything properly.

Hope things work out for you. Worst case take it to a 2nd dealership nearby. I've done that before.

·
Administrator
2,297 Posts

Thanks
Rich
There is no magic in our brake pads/rotors. They can be installed by any qualified shop if you so choose.
In fact, I bought my OEM brake pads from AW Italian in NJ .. they shipped to me, although they can install too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Great point and I would add that anyone can replace Brembo discs and pads. Very easy to do. Maserati, nor does any other car manufacturer, doesn't make brake systems so no need to take to the dealer.

·
Registered
35 Posts

Thanks
Rich
The ABS, ESC and AWD lights coming on could mean a bad battery. The computer will start to shut systems down if low power is detected.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is no magic in our brake pads/rotors. They can be installed by any qualified shop if you so choose.
In fact, I bought my OEM brake pads from AW Italian in NJ .. they shipped to me, although they can install too.
Thank you all for your responses.
TO update after almost a month of fixing.
The car had a Bad rear differential. Thankfully was replace as per warranty. Then they put new pads but only resurface rotors. (So still have to slight grinding at low speeds. Kinda sounds like the pad are sticking.

Other than that, all lights are off. And car is a beast. Love maserati even with all the issues. Btw i will try to buy pads/rotors from AW italia as im in north jersey too. Thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts