Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I am from Canada Toronto and I am looking to replace the router and breaks on my ghibli sq4 and I wanted to know if there is any replacements I can get that are cheaper and what else company’s and model numbers are they

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
50 Posts
Brakes and rotors.

Bee615, what year SQ4 do these fit and are they low-dust??

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
50 Posts
bee615, I checked the Rock Auto website and it stated the Powerstops you listed do not fit the 2018 Maserati. And, I have an SQ4. They did list sets from Dynamic Friction Company (DFC), #1311127000 called 3000 Semi-metallic and #1551111610 called 5000 Advanced. Does anyone have experience installing these in a 2018 SQ4 ?

I am not looking for performance since I drive moderately, but I want to eliminate the tons of black dust generated by the oem pads.

·
Registered
56 Posts
bee615, I checked the Rock Auto website and it stated the Powerstops you listed do not fit the 2018 Maserati. And, I have an SQ4. They did list sets from Dynamic Friction Company (DFC), #1311127000 called 3000 Semi-metallic and #1551111610 called 5000 Advanced. Does anyone have experience installing these in a 2018 SQ4 ?

I am not looking for performance since I drive moderately, but I want to eliminate the tons of black dust generated by the oem pads.
No PowerStops are listed for the Mas. The part numbers I provided are actually from a Tesla and Lexus ISF. I recently installed them and they fit perfectly. Someone else did the initial research to figure out the fitments so I take no credit lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
50 Posts
What year and model Ghibli did you install them on? Was it an SQ4? (Thanks for all the responses.)

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
50 Posts
I am pretty sure that the brakes are different between 2014-2016 and 2017-2018. I cannot say this conclusively (maybe one of the site experts can), but I can find Stoptech rotors for the former but not the latter. The site does say the former are NOT compatible with a 2018. That tells me the rotors are different so the pads you referenced probably do not fit. I vaguely recall reading somewhere that the rotor diameter increased in 2017, but darned if I can find the reference again.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am pretty sure that the brakes are different between 2014-2016 and 2017-2018. I cannot say this conclusively (maybe one of the site experts can), but I can find Stoptech rotors for the former but not the latter. The site does say the former are NOT compatible with a 2018. That tells me the rotors are different so the pads you referenced probably do not fit. I vaguely recall reading somewhere that the rotor diameter increased in 2017, but darned if I can find the reference again.
I’m pretty certain all the brake rotors are the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts