Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

How many times did your car go in for repairs in the 2 months since delivery?

Votes: 26 44.8%

Votes: 19 32.8%

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • 3 or more

Votes: 9 15.5%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There has been a lot of discussion about build quality, and it's clear that there has been a lot of variation, but not so clear what most people have experienced. Also, it's not clear what the correlation is between build quality and build date, so I'm hoping we can learn something about that here too.

If you had to return your car to the dealer for non-scheduled repairs during the first 60 days, please indicate the build date of your car and the number of days it was out of service in your post.

[my car has had no issues and build date was 5/14]

·
Registered
105 Posts
My build date is 5/14 as well and no issues so far (850 miles).

Reactions: Ash

·
Registered
863 Posts
Build date 04/2014. No issues so far 1200 miles. Bought june 2014.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Build date 4/14. May delivery. Minor issues such as sat antenna; sub woofer rattle and squeak in door... All taken care of promptly. 4,425 miles.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Build date 2/14. Some minor rattles & squeaks but no major issues or dealer visits in my first 3,000 miles.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Build date 05/14. 2500 miles. Been in for updates and to sort a "buzz" under the instrument binnacle

·
Registered
312 Posts
Build date 3/14, no issues.
But has been in to service a software update.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Mine is twice in 3 weeks. 3 if you count the car I never took delivery of becasue it had major electrical issues at the port. I'll wait until the 2 month mark to answer the poll.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Interesting results so far -- about half were problem free and, of the other half, the vast majority had to bring the car back once. A little more than 10% seemed to have significant problems, needing to bring the car back more than once.

Reading the posts on this forum I think you'd be led to believe that problems are more widespread than this poll suggests. We need more responses, though, to read much significance into these results.

For those responding going forward, please note your build date in a post if you answer anything other than "0" (and indicate how many days your car was out of service and the number of times it went in).

·
Registered
236 Posts
Interesting results so far -- about half were problem free and, of the other half, the vast majority had to bring the car back once. A little more than 10% seemed to have significant problems, needing to bring the car back more than once.

Reading the posts on this forum I think you'd be led to believe that problems are more widespread than this poll suggests. We need more responses, though, to read much significance into these results.

For those responding going forward, please note your build date in a post if you answer anything other than "0" (and indicate how many days your car was out of service and the number of times it went in).

You also limited it to the first two months. 0 does not mean 0 problems. And you are correct, 23 votes does not make a meaningful sample.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You also limited it to the first two months. 0 does not mean 0 problems. And you are correct, 23 votes does not make a meaningful sample.
Fair points. I limited it to 2 months assuming that initial teething problems would be evident by then, and asked about the visits to the dealer rather than the number of problems as a way to distinguish between significant problems and very minor issues. Presumably if an issue doesn't warrant a visit to the dealer it's pretty minor...

·
Registered
666 Posts
3 times. But all for the same issue. Subwoofer vibration.
The computer update was done and issue corrected the 1st time.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Assuming that most of the responses are now in, the results look pretty much as they did a few days after posting the poll, though the number of people with 2 or more problems has increased a bit relative to the total. It is still the case that a strong majority seem to have had minimal problems (0 or 1 visits to the dealer).

I don't think we can draw any conclusions on build date because it doesn't appear that many of the people with 2 or more issues actually posted their build date. :(

We have 34 responses, which is not statistically significant, but directionally it seems like most people are having positive experiences. This doesn't help the people who are having problems, but it does I think give a somewhat more complete picture to anyone contemplating a purchase. I know that I have no regrets at all about buying a Ghibli.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I don't notice a vibration in subwoofer or radio speaker or any squeeks or anything because I am too busy listening to the exhaust!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I say bump the thread from time to time so we can continue to get votes as new members join. I have not voted yet since I have not hit the 2 month mark. It'd be nice to see where we are at around year's end.

·
Administrator
2,570 Posts
Build date 12/13 - No issues in first two months

I did get the 4 software updates, updated satellite antennae and dynamat back deck at 5-months, but wouldn't have considered those as issues if by chance those updates occurred within the first two months of ownership ... they were more "proactive" updates and not problems.

Reactions: Spsesq

·
Registered
292 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts