Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I just received a call from my dealer it seems that Maserati is building these cars faster than the dealers predicted. My original predicted date was in August and now I was informed it is in stage 20 and will be here the first week in June.

Would someone please explain what the stages are and how many stages are ther in total? I feel like an expectant father!!!:D
Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
216 Posts
ooooooh
me too! :D
I was also told august 2014. But I knew that this is not possible since august is vacation.
I will contact my dealer this week too and ask about the status.

He told me once, that in beginning of counting it will take a month (and perhaps a few days more for USA).

I've ordered january 20 2014. And you?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I ordered the Car on April 13, 2014. It is due in to the dealer the first week in June!!!:D
Blue Emozione/Cuoio Interior
Sport Package with 19 inch Proteo wheels with red calipers
Premium package w/extended leather
Premium Stereo
MSRP $87,180

·
Registered
852 Posts
I was never told the stages just when she was born (a Vin # was assigned) and when she was complete and on her way to the US................and then when in Port................Ask your dealer and let us know what you find out!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Would love to know the various stages...
I understand start to finish build takes about 25 days and the Grugliasco plant currently pushes out about 130 units a month.

·
Administrator
2,518 Posts
Only piece that seems interesting is the updated Grugliasco factory (with new platform) was design rated for 45,000 cars/yr capacity (Ghibli or QP). They must really be putting in lots of overtime as that factory only runs two shifts a day.

I heard through the Maserati salesman information training guide that it took 23 days to build a car starting with the preformed aluminum shell. I expect the new modernized Grugliasco factory has a shorter build time? At 140 cars/day x 23 days/car that is a lot of "in-process" cars on the plant floor.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I ordered the Car on April 13, 2014. It is due in to the dealer the first week in June!!!:D
Blue Emozione/Cuoio Interior
Sport Package with 19 inch Proteo wheels with red calipers
Premium package w/extended leather
Premium Stereo
MSRP $87,180
UK buyer here.

Ordered 31 January - collecting the car later this week!

Blu Emozione, Cuoio Interior, sports package, 19 inch proteo wheels, premium package, convenience pack, rear privacy window,DIESEL!

·
Registered
312 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Hd not seen that video before.........important to note that the care is essentially hand built......the only automation is the body which is welded via robots.........however a team then goes over the body and finishes it by hand without time limit.............also note that the final check after a 60 mile test drive is done by an outside company..........that is very telling about how important quality is to Maserati...............and IMO it shows in the final product............

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
UK buyer here.

Ordered 31 January - collecting the car later this week!

Blu Emozione, Cuoio Interior, sports package, 19 inch proteo wheels, premium package, convenience pack, rear privacy window,DIESEL!
Best of luck with your Ghibli! Post pictures when you get it. I'd like to see that Diesel engine!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hello All:

I just received the below chart from my dealer. These guys are great and have guided me along this entire process. (I highly recommend Shimon Kada at World Wide Maserati in NY) He sent me the build stage chart so if you ask your dealer what stage your car is in, you will now know exactly where in the line yours is. Mine was in stage 20 on Monday and they say a June 5-10 delivery date is expected so you can kind of estimate the days each stage takes if transport is 30 days or so.
Best of luck with all your Ghiblis!!

Ferrari/ Maserati Build Stages

w In Modis but waiting on a build slot

p A build slot is available

00 Ferrari/Maserati will review the order 72-96 hours to make final changes

10 Ferrari/Maserati Accepts order as inserted 24-48 hours to finalize order

10 Red No changes accepted

20 Chassis assembly @ ( Scaglietti )

30 Painting

40 Assembly line (Dash I Wiring I InteriorIOptions )

50 Assembly line ( Engine I Transmission )

60 Finishing .•

70 Testing ( Road I Track ) 45 - 55 miles

85 Car is Complete awaiting transportation

90 In Transit by Boat- 30 Days out

91 Received at Port. - 7 Days out

92 Cleared Customs & P.D.I. completed

93 Released to Horseless Carriage- 48 Hours out

94 Delivered to Dealer

95 Client Delivery

·
Registered
852 Posts
I knew someone on this site would get the build chart....well done Spsesq!! Wish I was still waiting so I could track my build.....................NOT!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I also went with Shimon at Worldwide and he was great! They were professional.

I went a number of times before I made my decision and they were very accommodating.

Looking forward to getting my vehicle in June as well.

Thanks

·
Registered
312 Posts
Just got word that ours is in port and should be ready for delivery Wednesday or Thursday :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts