Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sales person mentioned being able to do burnouts with sport mode turned on..haven't attempted it yet just wondering if anyone else has been able to pull one off. Base Ghibli of course..

·
Registered
216 Posts
...and when you turn off the electronic help (ASR, ESP, etc.) with the switch in the center console? Did you tried that?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have attempted brake stands a few times in my SQ4 with traction control off, but no burnout, just a quicker takeoff.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Once when I hit the gas hard on while taking a sharp right hand turn I heard the tires squeal for a 1/4 second before gripping up but I wasn't able to reproduce it when I tried to.

I remember reading a review where were raving about Maserati's AWD setup because of it's rear bias. They said they could break the rear tires free for a moment before the torque dispersed to the front wheels. Must have been a pre-production car...

Reactions: Naplesmas

·
Registered
278 Posts
I can do big ass sweeps in sharp corners when in low manual gears, but I don't do it anymore since the tires are very expensive, its with the base ghibli. I did it allot with the testcars :) but real burnouts when you stand still didn't work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I can do them in My Diesel :) Is Uprated to 344ps and 714lb torque though, Traction off hold brakes and accelerate, only done a couple of times on a drag strip, not on public road

·
Registered
13 Posts
RACECHIP mate, works a TREAT! standard 275BHP is SHOCKING! turns the vehicle into a whole different thing ran 13 secs quarter in a diesel, not bad.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I can do them in My Diesel :) Is Uprated to 344ps and 714lb torque though, Traction off hold brakes and accelerate, only done a couple of times on a drag strip, not on public road
714lb torgue?? Do you have a dyno sheet for this? Wow...

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
you will need a base model to do it, sport on, traction control off. if you have sprint booster or a DBW it will be a lot easier to accomplish. also you may want to ditch the summer performance tires since they are very sticky and will prevent any spinning... unless of course it freezing cold outside then those summer tires will spin like a mother f'r on the cold road.

I can light my tires up no prob right now, from a stand still take off.. I have sprint booster installed though which makes a huge difference at take off.. and its cold cold cold so my summer tires have zero traction.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I like burnout vids . :) , I don't like doing burnouts myself because ruining your tires in a couple of seconds is a waste of money ;) but I will do some burnouts if I drive a replacement car when mine is in for a check up, i'll post the vid then.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts