Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 2015 Ghibli S Q4 with Blue Emozione exterior and Nero with Grigio stitching on the interior. Only had 3500 miles on it, so still looks and smells like new, love it!

Thanks to everyone here on the forum, learned a lot over the past few months doing research on the cars, appreciate all of the great content!

One of the few things the car doesn't have that others I looked at did is painted brake calipers. Well, they are painted I think, but are black and don't stand out much. I really liked the blue or red that I've seen, they give the car a nice pop.

Found a reputable local place that will do powder coating for a reasonable price, they do a ton of exotic and performance cars and do the full service.

Question - what color should I get? I can get just about any color I want. Sort of thinking a blue to match the car (brighter than the normal Maserati blue), or the normal Ferrari Red color. Anyone done anything different on their cars, or have pics of tires with red, blue, or other colors?

Thanks!
Scott

·
Administrator
2,599 Posts
Red is the most popular color. These are from the first pre-order of Ghibli
Maserati Ghibli Forum - View Single Post - Maserati Ghibli Brake Caliper Color Options [w/poll]

I have classic red calipers on mine with Grigio Mareata.

I've seen red and blue on the Blue Enozione as most popular and looks great. Couldn't find it but there is some that did yellow aftermarket... wouldn't have been my choice.

I thinking bright blue is a nice choice so it stands out and compliments ... in the end you will look at it every time you drive the car.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yellow against the BE would be a pretty cool contrast and set you apart, but that is definitely a real personal preference. Mine came with red and I like them. I have black 19” Poseidon wheels in the winter (plasti dipped) and Uranos in the summer so they really pop against the black wheels and are a little more understated against the silver wheels.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I got red on my black car, but when I first started looking I really wanted Blu Passione w/ silver calipers but couldn't find a car like that with the options I wanted.

Color matched to the body could look slick, red is always a safe choice, and yellow would really pop and probably look great with a blue car. My neighbor has yellow calipers on his blue Porsche and it looks really nice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What did you ever get?
#1 Painted calipers=Yes. Your wheels is what it's all about, that's why you got "some wheels" for your sixteenth birthday. It's likes shoes, it's close to the first thing anyone looks at and there's no one that doesn't take notice.
#2: Red is the color of choice for any car. It's classic, really stands out, and looks awesome. Yellow would be the second choice for the same reasons. Anything else will be a step down, but may appeal to your sense of "different."
#3: The blue calipers to match the blue car, for me, is too subtle. i have a 2016 Blu Emozione with the factory blue calipers. They are awesome but subtle. Not everyone would notice them. If you're going to go to the trouble, better to get red, which really pops out from the shadows behind the wheel.
#4: Powder coat may not be the process of choice.
#5: Discount Tire chipped my front two six cylinder factory blue calipers. There's not much clearance between the rim and the large calipers and my 20" rims and tires are heavy. When you disengage the rim from the hub it's going to tend to drop down and hit the caliper. It needs to be pulled straight off until it's clear. To aid in that, use a rim alignment tool, which my Maserati didn't come with, but I have it from my Beemer and Benz. it's an indispensable tool for cars that use lug bolts rather than nuts, like our Masers do.
#6: Examining the chips revealed that the factory finish is some sort of thick ceramic coating. It's not paint.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just picked up a 2015 Ghibli S Q4 with Blue Emozione exterior and Nero with Grigio stitching on the interior. Only had 3500 miles on it, so still looks and smells like new, love it!

Thanks to everyone here on the forum, learned a lot over the past few months doing research on the cars, appreciate all of the great content!

One of the few things the car doesn't have that others I looked at did is painted brake calipers. Well, they are painted I think, but are black and don't stand out much. I really liked the blue or red that I've seen, they give the car a nice pop.

Found a reputable local place that will do powder coating for a reasonable price, they do a ton of exotic and performance cars and do the full service.

Question - what color should I get? I can get just about any color I want. Sort of thinking a blue to match the car (brighter than the normal Maserati blue), or the normal Ferrari Red color. Anyone done anything different on their cars, or have pics of tires with red, blue, or other colors?

Thanks!
Scott
RED all day long

1 - 9 of 9 Posts