Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There seems to be numerous campaigns/recalls still happening and the dealerships are not promptly informing everybody. Is there a list that could be kept updated by the forum? That way we all would have access. Sorry if there already is one and I missed it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had the window campaign done to my car about a week ago and I am still having the issue where the passenger window goes down and up even if nobody gets in that side of the car and does not seem to close tightly. Has anybody else had the update applied and seen the issues reoccur?

Also after take 2 on the subwoofer rattle the issue is still there. In my case I have examined the situation a bit more closely and the rattle that is remaining is actually the upper brake light mounted on the parcel deck that is rattling now. Hopefully they will finally be able to fix that but I am very disappointed that they did not apparently test their repair to see that it solved the problem...

·
Administrator
2,521 Posts
I had the window campaign done to my car about a week ago and I am still having the issue where the passenger window goes down and up even if nobody gets in that side of the car and does not seem to close tightly. Has anybody else had the update applied and seen the issues reoccur?

Also after take 2 on the subwoofer rattle the issue is still there. In my case I have examined the situation a bit more closely and the rattle that is remaining is actually the upper brake light mounted on the parcel deck that is rattling now. Hopefully they will finally be able to fix that but I am very disappointed that they did not apparently test their repair to see that it solved the problem...
I had the software updates, one of which addressed the window problem, (that I didn't have). I did have wind noise above 65 mph which required an adjustment/alignment of the window travel so it closed properly ... software didn't fix that. Only once in 6-months did the window not go up ... that happened AFTER the software update too.

Interesting, the dynamat insulation in the rear deck seems to address the rattle and also add pressure to support the 3rd brake light. I only had the occasional rattle in cold of winter, but dealer wanted to be thorough and do the proper fix. I also have the cold weather package with the back sunshade which must have extra support in the rear deck.

·
Registered
852 Posts
There seems to be numerous campaigns/recalls still happening and the dealerships are not promptly informing everybody. Is there a list that could be kept updated by the forum? That way we all would have access. Sorry if there already is one and I missed it.

There is a thread with a list of the campagins........however only for a recall would owners be notifed......my dealer as confirmed there have been no recalls......SOP for campagins which I do not agree is to update all when you come in for your annual service..............but they will update your vehicle upon request.........whcih my dealer did immediatly on demand whenever I wanted to come in.......I believe the SOP should be improved to advise owners of issues that could be resolved....

·
Registered
666 Posts
Fixed the rattle issue 3 times. It definitely is better when comparing to the loaner S Q4 that doesn't have the fix performed. But it is not 100%. I can still hear the rattling sound when mid and bass hits at louder volume.
Service advisor told me they did everything they can and if I still have problem, they wouldn't know what else to do.
I think I give up and will just live with it.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I just had my Ghibli serviced on Tuesday for a few minor squeaks in the drivers side door and a rattle which turned out to be the sunroof cover. Everything is fixed and they even checked for, and made, appropriate software updates. Everything is now updated to current requirements.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had all these done last week. The sub fix is SOOO much better. If you haven't done it, you should.

As far as informing, they aren't recalls. They are supposed to address them if the car has the issue. I took mine in for the subwoofer and the window update, then asked them to address the others. They did it happily.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had all these done last week. The sub fix is SOOO much better. If you haven't done it, you should.

As far as informing, they aren't recalls. They are supposed to address them if the car has the issue. I took mine in for the subwoofer and the window update, then asked them to address the others. They did it happily.
I have had the car in twice for the "sub fix" so far and I am not happy yet. I don't actually think it is the subwoofer that rattles now but rather the third brake light. There must be a way to tighten that down so it doesn't rattle. To prove that this was the source of the noise, I put a bass heavy song (Rhiania) on and turned the bass all the way up and turned down mid and treble. I then crawled into the back of the car and it was quite easy to find the source of the rattle. In fact, if I press my hands on the brake light to hold it still, the noise goes down significantly. Hopefully with this info, I will be able to get them to really fix it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I never had issues with my car for 3000 miles and the sound system was great before (built date 04/14) but I wanted to drive by the dealership for a 400 miles spin :) they performed the 4 bulletin and the sub fix. I can tell that high bass sound improved but the car makes more noise at a cold start like the valve are always opened. All the rest looks and feel the same

1 - 11 of 11 Posts