Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My S Q4 car alarm has the habit of going off for no good reason. My key is on my desk, no one is near the car, no earthquake, it just goes off. Anyone else see this? My guess is interference, but this happens both at work and at home, (and other places) so if it is interference, it must be a common frequency...

Also, since I have the Remote Start option my key has no panic button. That is strange to me.

·
Registered
852 Posts
maybe the dealer can reprogram the frequency for you? guess remote start replaces panic and that is weird........nothing in the manual that I saw.......you should ask the dealer......

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've noticed that the alarm is very sensitive. I was parked & armed with the sunroof open, and the driver in the car next to me closed her door. That was enough to set off my alarm. I guess she slammed the door a bit hard but still...

·
Registered
277 Posts
the ghibli has a shock alarm? when the alarm is armed if you kick the tire does the alarm go off?

·
Registered
852 Posts
page 26 of the owners manual interior motion sensor (could be problem if sunroof is left open) and an anti lift/tilting mechanism.....no mention of shock alarm but imagine a hard enough push could trigger.................interior could have been the problem when the door was closed but still sounds sensitive..............

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm. Could be a correlation with me leaving the sun roof raised. Another oddity, the car has also remote started by itself, but the few times that it has the key was in my pocket, so I'm not sure if the remote start button was accidentally double-depressed somehow (that seems highly unlikely though).

Have you ever seen the movie Christine?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had this happen again, this time the sunroof was closed but my window was about halfway open. The alarm rang whenever a car drove by next to the lot where my Ghibli was parked. I let it go a few times just to watch what would happen, just about every time a louder car went by it would trigger the alarm.

I've never had the issue with windows and sunroof closed. I'm guessing it must be some noise sensor inside the cabin.

That autostart thing would absolutely freak me out, though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all, I am new here and contemplating a Ghibli, but some of the stories I've read scare me a bit. Is there a known fix for the alarm issue?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In my case I think the "false" alarms were mostly a matter of having the sunroof lifted, a habit from previous dd cars.

In any case there is a "fix". Aside from normal door and trunk security the Ghibli has security sensors for lift and interior motion. I believe the motion sensor is the likely culprit for our false alarms. You can disable both sensors by triple-pressing your remote's lock button immediately after you lock your car. The manual states you have 5 seconds after you lock your car to disable the sensors this way.

Disclaimer: this is my own guesswork; anything lost, stolen, or damaged as a result of following this procedure is your own **** fault :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
it's a hotter day today in beautiful Tulsa, OK USA. so, i lowered the windows about an inch AND cracked the sunroof. locked the car, and BOOM!! the alarm keeps going off.

to the member "Ghibli" if you're still thinking about this car, i'd say get one. all cars have issues from time to time, but that's what a warranty is for. i've got just under 500 miles on mine already and love every minute of it!!

most of you probably know this, but if you don't it's handy. holding the unlock button on the FOB will roll the windows down. conversely, holding the lock button raises them.

·
Registered
104 Posts
it's a hotter day today in beautiful Tulsa, OK USA. so, i lowered the windows about an inch AND cracked the sunroof. locked the car, and BOOM!! the alarm keeps going off.

to the member "Ghibli" if you're still thinking about this car, i'd say get one. all cars have issues from time to time, but that's what a warranty is for. i've got just under 500 miles on mine already and love every minute of it!!

most of you probably know this, but if you don't it's handy. holding the unlock button on the FOB will roll the windows down. conversely, holding the lock button raises them.
Clicking the lock button on the key three times will disalbe the alarm if you want to keep the windows cracked a bit.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thx Vitabrew!

So I've noticed the nav screen in the smaller lcd screen in the gauge clusters, do you happen to know where the setting is to turn it on? Does one have to have an active nav trip programmed?
Thx for the help.

·
Registered
104 Posts
That's correct, if one has an active nav trip, turn by turn instructions will pop up on the screen in the guage cluster. I don't recall a setting to turn it on, I thought it automatically starts when navigating.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Hi guys,

I had the same issues with the alarm going off randomly, dealer ultimately flashed some software and replaced the sensor on the door saying the problem was an overly sensitive pressure sensor.

No idea what they really did but my alarm hasn't gone off randomly since.

Maybe you can share my comments with them and they would be able to relate it to something similar on your car.

Good Luck!

In my case I think the "false" alarms were mostly a matter of having the sunroof lifted, a habit from previous dd cars.

In any case there is a "fix". Aside from normal door and trunk security the Ghibli has security sensors for lift and interior motion. I believe the motion sensor is the likely culprit for our false alarms. You can disable both sensors by triple-pressing your remote's lock button immediately after you lock your car. The manual states you have 5 seconds after you lock your car to disable the sensors this way.

Disclaimer: this is my own guesswork; anything lost, stolen, or damaged as a result of following this procedure is your own **** fault :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
My S Q4 car alarm has the habit of going off for no good reason. My key is on my desk, no one is near the car, no earthquake, it just goes off. Anyone else see this? My guess is interference, but this happens both at work and at home, (and other places) so if it is interference, it must be a common frequency...

Also, since I have the Remote Start option my key has no panic button. That is strange to me.
I have a quattroporte but the same thing keeps happening. I thought it might be the USB phone charger but it keeps happening even when I unplug the lead. Send any tips my way - thanks!

·
Administrator
2,248 Posts
I have a quattroporte but the same thing keeps happening. I thought it might be the USB phone charger but it keeps happening even when I unplug the lead. Send any tips my way - thanks!
Typically it is either a sunroof or window that is cracked open and the wind creates a pressure differential. If not the case, the next thing is the pressure sensor in one of the door pillars. Usually an adjustment solves the problem ... occasionally it can be a bad sensor.
Press the lock keyfob 3-5 times until you hear it beep when you lock the door ... that will disable the interior pressure sensor. If it still goes off than something else is the problem.

Reactions: Dreamerr555
1 - 20 of 20 Posts