Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving to work, I suddenly experienced a big loss of horsepower. I can get up to say 70mph, but it feels like I have 100 horsepower!
No lights, didn't et gas recently. No sputtering or anything like that. It's just that the car doesn't move. Almost feels like the brakes are on. Brakes work fine. If I put the car in drive and let off the brake pedal the car does move normally. I can try to check any codes when I get home but wanted to see if anyone had any ideas.

Thanks.
Ron

·
Super Moderator
2,181 Posts
While driving to work, I suddenly experienced a big loss of horsepower. I can get up to say 70mph, but it feels like I have 100 horsepower!
No lights, didn't et gas recently. No sputtering or anything like that. It's just that the car doesn't move. Almost feels like the brakes are on. Brakes work fine. If I put the car in drive and let off the brake pedal the car does move normally. I can try to check any codes when I get home but wanted to see if anyone had any ideas.

Thanks.
Ron
It could be a number of things. You don't hear much without having the check engine light come on or no codes. Maybe when you get home you'll get more info from code reader.
I've seen gas supply (injectors/fuel rail) as one the factors that leads to loss of power or limp mode with no check engine light. And recently, for the older models some of the codes reveal faults with turbo system. And list goes on.
I've had it happen once ... no CEL ... drove home and restarted car later without issue. No sure what caused the fault as there were no codes in register (yet) and it never happened again.
Hopefully, it is something simple.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It could be a number of things. You don't hear much without having the check engine light come on or no codes. Maybe when you get home you'll get more info from code reader.
I've seen gas supply (injectors/fuel rail) as one the factors that leads to loss of power or limp mode with no check engine light. And recently, for the older models some of the codes reveal faults with turbo system. And list goes on.
I've had it happen once ... no CEL ... drove home and restarted car later without issue. No sure what caused the fault as there were no codes in register (yet) and it never happened again.
Hopefully, it is something simple.
Yeah, I had to stop somewhere for 20min. When I returned to the car she ran fine!
I will still check for codes when I get home but don't anticipate any without a CEL.

Thanks!
Ron

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Drove this morning and all is well. Hopefully that's the last of this issue. I didn't bother to try to pull a code.

·
Super Moderator
2,181 Posts
Drove this morning and all is well. Hopefully that's the last of this issue. I didn't bother to try to pull a code.
Glad to hear!!!
Coincidentally, I think due to high heat we might be having some impact on electronics. I had my first "service power steering" light this week after letting the car bake in 99 deg F heat. No issues driving home. Got home restarted car and light was off ... and still off today.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well unfortunately this struck again. This time I got a cel.
The codes were p3053,p3057,p0108.
However, I haven't used my Xtool X200S in a while & when I went into it I didn't see Maserati so I entered in Chrysler. Therefore, not sure the codes I listed above are accurate.
I cleared them but does anyone have any ideas about these?
A quick search here returned no results.

Ron

·
Registered
436 Posts
P0108 = it is you MAP sensor, the manifold turbo pressure sensor
P3053 and P3057 could be related to the 1st one.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That one is impossible to access if it indeed needs to be changed! It was hard enough to plug my piggy back tune connector into that. I can't imaging changing it!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I cleared the codes and today all seems fine.
I also made sure my tune connector was on the MAP properly. Seems the connector is cracked. I examened the MAP and it does not seem all that bad if I had to change it, and the cost of a new one from Summit is under $30. If this continues I may do swap the MAP out.

Ron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts