Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today should be interesting. Was leaving for work and got about a half mile down the road and the car just didn't feel right. It was sputtering and didn't have the same pick-up.

I turned around and started going back, and now it really starts sputtering and check engine light starts flashing. Sputtering gets worse (almost like you have no gas though I of course did) and then the car shuts off as soon as I get it in my driveway. Just dies while the car is still in drive mode.

Plan on calling my dealership first thing this morning, but this could be interesting. Oh boy

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well today should be interesting. Was leaving for work and got about a half mile down the road and the car just didn't feel right. It was sputtering and didn't have the same pick-up.

I turned around and started going back, and now it really starts sputtering and check engine light starts flashing. Sputtering gets worse (almost like you have no gas though I of course did) and then the car shuts off as soon as I get it in my driveway. Just dies while the car is still in drive mode.

Plan on calling my dealership first thing this morning, but this could be interesting. Oh boy
I've had something similar happen twice; both times, shutting off the car and waiting for a few minutes solved the problem. There are many reports here about the issue (or ones that seem similar) -- engine surging is part of the problem as well, at least for me.

My dealer was in touch with Maserati and they did a pretty careful set of checks from what I could tell but could not find a problem. My guess is that it's a software issue of some kind that they haven't yet isolated, but that's pure speculation. Try starting the car again and see whether it's working OK now.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had 3 misfires in the cylinders. They tested the spark plug torque and that was ok, but did some ECU updates and everything seems working now. Until next time LOL

·
Registered
863 Posts
Ok onething everyone needs to understand is, Italians suck at electrial circuits and electronics. In my experience Lambourghini had the worst electrical system in any car until Audi bought them and fixed it. I think we kinda have to expect that from Maser/Ferrari to have these kind of stupid electrical issue..

I personally dont mind as long as the know the issue and fix it permenantly.

Reactions: superdan

·
Registered
56 Posts
i hope they work out all these bugs because it does seem like a lot of us have more issues with maserati than we had with the cars we came from...

·
Registered
109 Posts
i hope they work out all these bugs because it does seem like a lot of us have more issues with maserati than we had with the cars we came from...
This one is fairly benign, at least as it's manifested itself in my car. I can resolve the problem in less than 2 minutes and it happens very infrequently, so in the scheme of things it's just not a big deal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts