Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

Car starts then after 2 seconds turns off

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  rickypont101 
#1 ·
Hi All

just checking if snyone as come across my issue before i get booked in.

iv got a 2014 3.0 Diesel and internmittly but fairly regularly(once every couple days) the car will start but then a second or to later turns off. I then have press the start button a few times, lock/unlock car snd generally faff around for about 10 minutes the it starts.
I noticed the red alarm light comes on and think its likley a immobiliser cutting off system?
the did have a tracker system thatwith thesefons that either myself or previous owner did not renew it.
any help would be much appreciated!

#2 ·
Hi,
Unlikely that the tracker system does that, it is totally independent from the car's electronic.
However if you have an alarm yes it could do it.
If you have a red MIL sign on the dash, you need to run a diagnostic, it will guide you in the right direction.
Some early models had issues with the timing sensor.

Only a diagnostic will enable you to resolve the problem.

#3 ·
Hi All

just checking if snyone as come across my issue before i get booked in.

iv got a 2014 3.0 Diesel and internmittly but fairly regularly(once every couple days) the car will start but then a second or to later turns off. I then have press the start button a few times, lock/unlock car snd generally faff around for about 10 minutes the it starts.
I noticed the red alarm light comes on and think its likley a immobiliser cutting off system?
the did have a tracker system thatwith thesefons that either myself or previous owner did not renew it.
any help would be much appreciated!
Although the majority of programs do not actually remove immobiliser permanently, but replace it, the effect remains the same – as long as Julie Emulator is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.