Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2015 Ghibli is my daily driver, drove it yesterday, parked it with no issues. Went to start it today and it will not start. It will attempt to start for a split second then it will stop.
Things I've tried:
-Removed the negative from the battery for a reset for 45 minutes
-Tried boosting the car
-Tried starting with the factory remote car starter

I've received multiple codes and different things have popped up on my display:
OBD Reader codes:
U0129
U0101
Dash codes:
Service Shifter
Service Power Steering

Any ideas?

·
Registered
61 Posts
For some reason battery drained? Happened twice to my 2014.

Do you have a trickle charger to charge the battery?

Peter

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turned out to be the battery, what a crazy car to act the way it did and throw all those codes over a low battery. Also wondering why the battery did this to begin with...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another issue though is now it thinks it needs service, it was just reset before I purchased it, I either have to go to the dealer now or get the tool to do it.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Another issue though is now it thinks it needs service, it was just reset before I purchased it, I either have to go to the dealer now or get the tool to do it.
make sure the date is set right or the GPS date sets itself. it'll say it needs service because the date is wrong.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, had the same issue. Had to set the correct date and time.
Yup, I changed the time last night, but when I went in today everything was back to normal thank God.

Think its time for a new battery? Or does this happen once in a while? So random.

·
Registered
264 Posts
It's a known issue. The battery drains quickly especially if you leave it locked without connecting to the trickle charger and don't drive it for a while. I don't lock my doors when I'm parked in my garage and make sure to not go more than 3 days without driving it and that's prevented me from having battery issues since I don't own a trickle charger. Side bar, pretty sure my dealer took my trickle b/c I ordered my car new and I think it should have came with one and it didn't, weak...

·
Registered
414 Posts
Same here, battery problem once I did not drive it for a week.
I work abroad 2 ON 2 OFF, so for 2 months she stays in the garage on a trickle charger, a couple of months ago, I came back and the charger was in alarm, battery was dead!! only 3 years old.
It did not even being used!!!

The DTC's (error codes) are normal when the battery is discharges, not enough juice for the sensors, the ECU and other computers "spit" out spurious errors.
All cars stuffed with electronics do that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Turned out to be the battery, what a crazy car to act the way it did and throw all those codes over a low battery. Also wondering why the battery did this to begin with...
Mine did that three days ago. Cut it off the night before and it was totally dead when I tried to start it up 2 days later. It jumped off easily though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I drove mine after 4 weeks today due to the lockdown and it drove like a dream. This is my daily driver also. I’ve had it done new in 2017 and I have 36000 miles on it. Love the car. I’m replacing it with an Audi R8 this year for my 50th

·
Registered
4 Posts
So my 2015 Ghibli is my daily driver, drove it yesterday, parked it with no issues. Went to start it today and it will not start. It will attempt to start for a split second then it will stop.
Things I've tried:
-Removed the negative from the battery for a reset for 45 minutes
-Tried boosting the car
-Tried starting with the factory remote car starter

I've received multiple codes and different things have popped up on my display:
OBD Reader codes:
U0129
U0101
Dash codes:
Service Shifter
Service Power Steering

Any ideas?
Check Batteries in key Fob,

·
Registered
17 Posts
one of my key FOBs, surprisingly the one I do not use, has a dead battery. What type of battery does it need before i open it up? Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
It’s like a watch battery ,I bought mine at Walgreens,there about ten dollars but the thing is the torx that is needed to separate the key to actually change the battery the torx is like the size of an eyeglass screw so you may need to improvise.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The battery is CR25 or CR32, I don't recall now. Fortunately I own a set of torx screwdrivers, so opening a key is not a problem for me.

Peter

·
Registered
2015 Maserati Ghibli S Q4
33 Posts
Glad to see it was just your battery and that you’re now back driving again. I haven’t driven my 2015 Ghibli since last Tuesday morning. I think I’ll go out to see if it starts. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
2015 Maserati Ghibli S Q4
33 Posts
Glad to see it was just your battery and that you’re now back driving again. I haven’t driven my 2015 Ghibli since last Tuesday morning. I think I’ll go out to see if it starts. Wish me luck!
Just tried starting mine after 9 days and it started without a problem. Whew! ?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts