Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
I just don't get British journalists slamming the Ghibli. All the other journalists from the US and other parts praise the car….ESPECIALLY THE STEERING and the Brits slam it. Doesn't make sense. Also, if you compare this to the 4 doors coupes in which it really competes with, it is a more "sensible" (as Brits say) discussion.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I think I said this before, lets not pay any attention to British reviews as their models don't really line up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The steering is more precise compared to the German competition: no doubt! However, I had to get used to it since I have 2 remarks for, in my opinion, improvements: the wheel may feel firmer, there's too much focus on comfort*. Secondly, the wheel may be more direct / less steer rotations (or how to call this in English)?

* this is also my finding for what the suspension is concerned: to much focus on comfort. I always drive in 'sport-modus', but even then... Following my dealer, a 'real' sport suspension (offered in a 'MC Stradale pack' he thinks) is in homologation right now. As soon as it is approved, it will be installed on my Ghibli (fortunately, I don't have sky hook or this wouldn't have been possible. On the other hand, the suspension will be modified, but will this do since the damping will remain of course).

Anyway, best car in its segment for what driving is concerned!!

Ps @ UKGhibli, I'm from Belgium so not American neither :)

·
Registered
695 Posts
I didn't mean that way, bad choice of words. It's just that the models don't line up from power to options. In my SLK forum most UK drivers have diesel and the packages way different as the US is forced to buy everything in groups of options.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts