Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble finding a cell phone holder for my Ghibli. I'd prefer something that mounts in the light socket in between the cup holders near the shift lever. I am open to a cup holder setup as well. Galaxy S5.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Bump.
Where are you mounting your cell phone? I bought a really cool phone case with a built in magnet and a vent clip with built in magnet. It's super cool, but it seems like the left vent is the only place I can see it. And its really awkward. I need it to be on the right hand side of the steering wheel to be functional. I'm really stumped on this one. Help out with ideas guys!!!!!!!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Ideas coming tomorrow, i have tested out a few...

·
Registered
863 Posts
so if you want to plug something in the lighter socket between the cup holders, i would suggest you should use this

2-Port USB Car Cigarette Socket Mount Holder (IKHD16)

If you want something to fit in the cup holders use this

Car Cup Mount Holder with 3 Sockets and 2 USB Charging Port 2.1A (IKHD28)

Now with the above product for the cup holders, will only work for the base models since, there is wood trim around it on the S model, which prevents it from going all the way in and it will scratch the wood.

I will post some more in a bit of time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm using this in my Range Rover now. When my Maserati arrives I will be looking to use this too although I have already seen there is no real "obvious" place.

Steelie Car Mount Kit

I have chosen the "dark mirror" interior so the cupholder is open. I am hoping I will be able to put the little metal ball somewhere as indicated in this picture so the phone rests horizontally.

·
Registered
66 Posts
What did you end up going with? I'm tempted to get this: Amazon.com: Mediabridge Smartphone Cradle with Cup Holder Mount - Car Cup Holder Mount for iPhone 6/6 Plus/5S/5C/5/4S, Samsung Galaxy S5/S4/S3/Note II/Note 3/ Note 4, HTC One, Motorola Razr Maxx HD (Fits Smartphone Widths of 2"-4"): Cell Phones & Acc

Cupholder makes some sense since the power plug is right next to the cupholders - and it can easily be stowed away in the center console when not in use. Vent mounts don't make a lot of sense with the way the Ghibli vents are tilted. I typically only want a mount for longer trips where I need Waze to give me warnings. On short trips, my phone typically just rides on my lap.

*caveat: I don't own a Ghibli, yet. Still awaiting delivery on my '16 order.

·
Registered
325 Posts
What did you end up going with? I'm tempted to get this: Amazon.com: Mediabridge Smartphone Cradle with Cup Holder Mount - Car Cup Holder Mount for iPhone 6/6 Plus/5S/5C/5/4S, Samsung Galaxy S5/S4/S3/Note II/Note 3/ Note 4, HTC One, Motorola Razr Maxx HD (Fits Smartphone Widths of 2"-4"): Cell Phones & Acc

Cupholder makes some sense since the power plug is right next to the cupholders - and it can easily be stowed away in the center console when not in use. Vent mounts don't make a lot of sense with the way the Ghibli vents are tilted. I typically only want a mount for longer trips where I need Waze to give me warnings. On short trips, my phone typically just rides on my lap.

*caveat: I don't own a Ghibli, yet. Still awaiting delivery on my '16 order.
I would check size of section that fits cupholder. Ghibli cup holder is small.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts