Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Did some of you guys get your full car ceramic Coated ?

I first did a full Xpel and was really happy with it (for scratches and protection), then my dealer offered me a super deal on a full ceramic coating telling me that I wouldn't need to wash my car as often as I used to do before, so I went for it:

Cons: After raining, all the water stays on the surface of the car, unless I drive for 100 KMPH +, BUT at normal city speed, large droplets will stay on the hood, trunk and leave some dirt marks after drying. Not cool.
Now it is winter, so droplet will freeze on the car and leave it covered with lovely frozen bubbles everywhere, Fancy ? for sure but not what I expected after spending 800$ on this coating.

Am I the only one to be annoyed by this downside of coating ? should I take the time to use a towell every single time water is staying on horizontal panels ? remove the coating on top, front and back of the car ?

:confused:

·
Registered
331 Posts
interesting that the ceramic should really help with these issues. I recently had mine coating as well as a clear bra instal. I haven't noticed this to be honest. I will be aware of this and let you know.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Water beading happens nomatter what you use- wax, ceramic coating, whatever. It's how physics work.
Same goes for gravity ;)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Water beading happens nomatter what you use- wax, ceramic coating, whatever. It's how physics work.
Same goes for gravity ;)
;) got it , but then I guess I need to carry towels with me as the water won't slide off the car if I don't take the highway ... it litteraly stays on the car. this is the annoying point of coating and city driving.

·
Registered
10 Posts
;) I guess I need to carry towels with me as the water won't slide off the car if I don't take the highway
I'd be very reluctant to wipe water off with a towel each time it accumulates on the car. That's likely dirty water with potentially very tiny pieces of debris in the bubbles which could scratch the paint.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'd be very reluctant to wipe water off with a towel each time it accumulates on the car. That's likely dirty water with potentially very tiny pieces of debris in the bubbles which could scratch the paint.
i agree. I wouldn't do that, I would potentially pick up a waterless car wash and spray that on there first to add more lubrication. Use microfiber towels and lightly pull across paint in straight lines.
I live in NYC and don't have access to a hose so use AmmoNYC detailing products. Check out his Frothe and spray can that you get from him. Its basically a pump action foam cannon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts