Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my engine light popped on yesterday and today. Yesterday it was flashing for a while and then it went away. Today, it first flashed but after I stopped the engine, it went solid. Car runs perfectly fine. Anyone else have this happen and what did the problem end up being? All temperatures are fine, car runs fine, no indicator that anything is wrong except for the light. BTW: The engine light first appear right after I accelerated in normal mode (not sports mode)

After checking online, it seems to be a cylinder misfire. Too bad my car is only 600 miles.... :(

I will take it to the dealer tomorrow. I'm glad this is a lease.

·
Administrator
2,409 Posts
Good luck. Hopefully the new plugs and reset will resolve you CEL first time.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Mine had 70 miles on it with the first CEL, I reset the code myself and it returned at about 1.1k miles. I brought it to the dealer and they confirmed that it was a misfire likely caused by spark plugs that were not torqued properly. Quick fix and hopefully I won't have any problems from here.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Same here! My service advisor told me yesterday that my spark plugs had to be properly torqued. Let's see if that was the trick. I've only driven it the nine miles back from the dealership.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is a little disconcerting.
So, here is an update from my original post:

The dealer says it was a "Cylinder 1 misfired" caused by the plug not being properly torqued.
They checked the spark plug, torqued it and reset CEL. The service manager told me to really push the car and was confident the issue was resolved.
It drove home just fine. The next day, when driving to work, I got the flashing CEL again. It went solid after a while.

Do you guys think this is an issue that Maserati can't fix and will eventually happen in all Ghiblis? I reluctant to ask for a replacement car if this is a engine design issue and will eventually happen again regardless of the FAB date.
What are your thoughts on my options?

·
Registered
1 Posts
So my engine light popped on yesterday and today. Yesterday it was flashing for a while and then it went away. Today, it first flashed but after I stopped the engine, it went solid. Car runs perfectly fine. Anyone else have this happen and what did the problem end up being? All temperatures are fine, car runs fine, no indicator that anything is wrong except for the light. BTW: The engine light first appear right after I accelerated in normal mode (not sports mode)

After checking online, it seems to be a cylinder misfire. Too bad my car is only 600 miles.... :(

Same issue here. Now second time. Bought 2017 recently used with 17,000 miles. First time they said issue with gas cap and battery. I think it might have been the gas... From then, always Premium. With acceleration, sputter, backfire, flash on/off and went off then on consistently next day. Need to return to dealer... Frustrating...

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Had a friend that bought a second hand ghibli Same issue the previous owner drive the car like a old papy with the cheapest gas possible
The engine was full of dirty carbon ( in French Calamine)
There is machines that do a full cleaning of the engine
After that he had no problems

·
Registered
523 Posts
Hi Geoffrey, beware of these H2 cleaning system, they only "clean" the combustion chamber, if so.
There is no way it will clean the inlet valves, which is a recurrent problem on petrol direct injection.
There is a lot of hype around the H2 cleaning, I have seen inlet manifolds on Diesel which had been "cleaned" with H2, honestly, they were still very dirty.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
I have no problems
Always high premium and I drive it on highway with no speed limit so it is clean 😊

1 - 9 of 9 Posts