Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sucks to have to say goodbye but nothing is forever. Wish these things depreciate so quickly. Had a blast with this car and its been pretty good to me. I hope someone buys it quick so they can have peace of mind with 6 months of unlimited mileage warranty left. Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Curious, how's the interest going? I reckon I will be in the same boat in the few years - 2017 with 50k ish miles looking for $25k, something tells me it's gonna be tough, more like a dealer giving me $19k on a trade.

Reactions: AlphaWIP

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have someone interested at $25,199. Lets see if i can get it sold. Dealer offered me just that, $19,000 for trade in.

·
Super Moderator
2,181 Posts
Have someone interested at $25,199. Lets see if i can get it sold. Dealer offered me just that, $19,000 for trade in.
Ouch ... for such a perfectly maintained car. Sadly, the mileage, age and maintenance cost perception does scare folks off ... even if in warranty today. The depreciation is painful on these cars, (unless your buying someone else's loss). Unless I get into serious reliability issues, it's more cost effective to pay the increased maintenance years 7-10 versus paying another $95-100K for new one since my 2014 looks and rides like a new car.

Reactions: nitrobass24

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ouch ... for such a perfectly maintained car. Sadly, the mileage, age and maintenance cost perception does scare folks off ... even if in warranty today. The depreciation is painful on these cars, (unless your buying someone else's loss). Unless I get into serious reliability issues, it's more cost effective to pay the increased maintenance years 7-10 versus paying another $95-100K for new one since my 2014 looks and rides like a new car.
If i lived outside of the city i'd keep it because it is so damm clean. is what it is. had fun with it.

·
Super Moderator
2,181 Posts
If i lived outside of the city i'd keep it because it is so damm clean. is what it is. had fun with it.
That's a good way to think of it.

I was at dealer today, and they indicated the 2014-2015's are taking a beating on resale (trade-in) due to how many have hit market and perception of the early cars, plus some the 16-18's starting to come off leases. There really just going to wholesale auctions unless super low mileage and clean.

Understand Maserati cleared out a fair amount of 2018-2019 demo, show and other "like new" cars which were low mileage, (<100), and classified as brand new at great prices which in my mind further depresses the older models.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's a good way to think of it.

I was at dealer today, and they indicated the 2014-2015's are taking a beating on resale (trade-in) due to how many have hit market and perception of the early cars, plus some the 16-18's starting to come off leases. There really just going to wholesale auctions unless super low mileage and clean.

Understand Maserati cleared out a fair amount of 2018-2019 demo, show and other "like new" cars which were low mileage, (<100), and classified as brand new at great prices which in my mind further depresses the older models.
I agree with this. I can honestly say that i don't believe there is a cleaner 15' for sale in my area. even though it has the mileage on it. The car looks better then the day it was new with the paint correction. I would scoop this car up in a heart beat if i was in the market for one now.

·
Registered
425 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts