Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is Grigio Mettalo(silver). It looked great at first but the color is starting to get old on me. Planning on wrapping it once spring comes around.
Issue is: what color

I always thought the idea of a “Ferrari red”(rosso scuderia) on a Maserati would be nice. Especially sitting on aftermarket wheels. BUT my interior is also red. the shades wouldn’t match. I like the idea but I don’t know if non metallic bright red would look correct for a Maserati. Thoughts?

plan B is to go with a flat gray and mimic the Ghibli from Fast And Furious. I’ve been toying the idea of doing a flat metallic “military” green, not lime green but not British racing.

Either way the windows will be tinted and all chrome will be deleted. Taillights/reflectors will also be tinted. Wheels will be finished black.

My main goal is trying to do something different while still looking classy. I’m trying to keep it from looking like every other ghibli on the road but also avoid looking like I have no taste lmao.

·
Super Moderator
2,019 Posts
Car looks great as is ... interested to see the "after" picture once you decide on wrap color.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Agreed, I think the car looks great as is. I do understand your motivation to freshen it up as you might be bored with the color, but be careful of a full body wrap and as you said, making it loose taste.

How about considering blacking out the chrome and emblems with vinyl (and paint for the emblems) and powder coating the wheels or going gloss black on them? The other thing about a full wrap, if you have stone chips and blemishes, they WILL be accented more than ever by putting vinyl over them. They will show through and be exaggerated,

·
Registered
649 Posts
Don't go for matte black or any other color for that matter - they make new cars look really bad. Satin is the way to go so the lines of the car will be visible.
My advice is to go to a wrap shop and look through the wrap catalogues and find a color your like. Mine is wrapped in satin blue, but if I'd have a silver Ghibli I would wrap it in some nice metallic satin silver, like KPMF's Matte Iced Silver Titanium.

·
Super Moderator
2,019 Posts
Nice job ... car has a nice look.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts