Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Also, in terms of quality, it’s “ok”. I definitely was expecting something with a little more substance. $118 is a little pricey for the quality. I do think they would be easy enough to remove with a little heat gun action.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Affixed them temporarily with clear gorilla tape in a U around each fin. Going to leave it for a week and then go down to every other. I’m kind of liking the full chrome, regardless of the

·
Administrator
2,245 Posts
Affixed them temporarily with clear gorilla tape in a U around each fin. Going to leave it for a week and then go down to every other. I’m kind of liking the full chrome, regardless of the
It does look good on your car. You can barely see the Gorilla tape ... only because you mentioned it. Glad they fit precisely with no issues.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I’m still at it in terms of deciding and “living with it”. Here’s a pic I tried to take from the same angle to compare. Lighting is different.

I will remove every other this weekend and live with that for a week and then decide.

·
Registered
2014 GT MC / 2018 Ghibli SQ4 Gransport
311 Posts
Personally I'm not a big fan of the alternating chrome, but it would definitely give your ride more of a non-stock look. But even just making it all chrome will give your ride a different look since pre-18s didn't have that chrome option as you probably know and the 18+ models with chrome have different inserts that have that bend in them, that give them a little more depth and more of an edge. But either way, your Ghibli will look unique for sure. Unique is good in my book!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Personally I'm not a big fan of the alternating chrome, but it would definitely give your ride more of a non-stock look. But even just making it all chrome will give your ride a different look since pre-18s didn't have that chrome option as you probably know and the 18+ models with chrome have different inserts that have that bend in them, that give them a little more depth and more of an edge. But either way, your Ghibli will look unique for sure. Unique is good in my book!
Thanks. Yes I am a grill expert at this point. The 18+ look got me going. However they have 10 fins vs 12 so they are spaced out a bit and the angle of them is aggressive. I am kind of a stock guy, this is why I’m second guessing it. It’s not the 18+ look. I’m going remove every other and see how it looks. Got nothing but time these days.

·
Registered
3 Posts
As much as I had been considering doing a chrome delete on the windows and door handles, I am considering going with a chrome grill. After seeing the 2018+ with chrome grill, I think the black grill just gets lost on a black car. I ordered inserts and will weigh the look before installing. I think this looks aggressive:

View attachment 20261 View attachment 20262
Looks great!! What kind of tires do you have on it?

·
Administrator
2,245 Posts
I’m still at it in terms of deciding and “living with it”. Here’s a pic I tried to take from the same angle to compare. Lighting is different.
I will remove every other this weekend and live with that for a week and then decide.
It's a tough call depending on the angle. I myself really wanted to add these insets to my car years ago (before they were out in 2018) and stalled since I couldn't decide. At certain angles chrome inserts really stands out and calls attention. Then again, the dark grill with lone trident center stage is more aggressive looking. I even looked at Ferarri's and they offer both types of grills depending on selected packages ... so back to personal preference.

I'd like to be able to run the aggressive sometimes and the chrome other times. As an example, in warm weather I run the factory polished 20" Urano's, although in cold weather I run an aftermarket more aggressive looking 5 spoke gunmetal 20" rims with winter tires.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Looks great!! What kind of tires do you have on it?
Tires are the stock OEM Pirellis. They are just ok, can’t wait to put Michelin Super Sports on.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
It's a tough call depending on the angle. I myself really wanted to add these insets to my car years ago (before they were out in 2018) and stalled since I couldn't decide. At certain angles chrome inserts really stands out and calls attention. Then again, the dark grill with lone trident center stage is more aggressive looking. I even looked at Ferarri's and they offer both types of grills depending on selected packages ... so back to personal preference.

I'd like to be able to run the aggressive sometimes and the chrome other times. As an example, in warm weather I run the factory polished 20" Urano's, although in cold weather I run an aftermarket more aggressive looking 5 spoke gunmetal 20" rims with winter tires.
Thanks. I hear you on the angles. The most recent pics I posted above aren’t jumping out at me in terms of loving the chrome. I do like the aggressive look and think the chrome “can” look aggressive depending on the angle.

The feedback so far, and I have asked everyone and their brother, has been chrome by a landslide.

I am going to put a spoiler on as well if direct car toys ever answers my questions, so not sure if that’s going to impact the chrome decision.

In terms of flexibility and changing them in and out, I guess I could keep my temp solution permanently but don’t know how it would stand up to weather.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Week two, trying every other.

·
Registered
153 Posts
FYI I found some Chinese vendors that can sells retrofitted 18-19 front bumpers for 14-16, including the new angled chrome grill. Haven't asked for a quote tho.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased the exact same grill inserts on amazon for MY17 Ghibli. I’ve had it on for over a year now and don’t regret it at all. No issues with them either. That 3M tape holds well. Well worth the purchase 👌🏼

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I’ve cycled through all three looks, full chrome, every other and stock black. I’ve found that each look really varies based on the viewing angle. I definitely liked full chrome more than I thought and I liked every other less than I thought I would.

I do think that none of the chrome looks is compelling enough to make me permanently attach an after market chrome kit.

I am pretty sure I’m staying with stock black. Took these exact same pictures yesterday and I like stock better.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts