Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What products do you recommend for cleaning the surfaces of the dashboard and the car door interiors and so on with? In other cars I have used Armour All but I don't think the material in this car is vinyl?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would not use Armour All because it contains silicones that will damage and degrade the plastics and leather. I am currently using water and some simple green and if needed, Lexol. Goal is to keep the finish clean and "matte finish" - unless you prefer a shiny finish.

·
Registered
312 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Yes and yes. Especially if you have Cuoio or Sabbia seats.

·
Registered
312 Posts

·
Administrator
2,572 Posts
Joe300 - you definitely want to protect the leather. What tjsbeer recommends is a good product, (plus it is made in Italy to protect the Ghibli's Italian leather).:)

I suggest you protect as soon as you get the car. I picked up my car in jeans and drove one time to work and noticed the blue die transferred to the Cuoio leather, (wiped with white damp rag).

It easily cleaned and I had the seats conditioned and sealed as part of my Gtechniq interior/exterior signature package. That did the trick. It's also good to get the conditioning into the grain sooner versus waiting for the leather to start to age.

Not all jeans will transfer die, but not worth taking the chance. Also there are more evils / spills that can damage the seats that having good protection in place is cheap insurance.

Also need to be careful with the wood ... especially the open pore not to use anything harsh.

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
all non electronic areas get cleaned with "zaino" leather cleaner (z9) then afterwards i hit it with the leather protectant (z10).

all electronic areas simply get wiped down w/ a damp terry cloth towel. you do NOT want to use any cleaners, detergents, etc on these areas bc they will harm the buttons and cause them to break down or stick over time. use a damp terry towel only! also if you are OCD like me, you will use a white towel, colored towels have dyes in them!

the exterior is ZAINO all the way! you simply cannot make your car shine or have that deep wet look like you can w/ zaino. the stuff is amazing and your car will outshine every car on the street by a longshot...

·
Registered
159 Posts
I put some gtechniq L1 on my seats as soon as I got it. Seems to be holding up so far. For the interior I use either Autoglym leather cleaner (more liquidy spray) with a combination of Megs Gold Class Leather to nourish. Probably only needs applying 1 a month and would take you about 10 mins to do the entire car. Being a brand new vehicle, I carry this task out everytime the car gets used!

I always keep a few microfibers and some quick detailer spray in the car at all times for those times when a bird decides to drop a poo on the car.

·
Administrator
2,572 Posts
mrpa1999 - I too have had excellent results with Zaino system over the last 7+ years ... using multiple layers on my Escalade and Deville inside and out, (tires, interior and exterior).

The leather z10 I rub it in by hand quarterly once the leather is clean.

Even though I was extremely pleased with Zaino, wanted to try something else.
I tried the Black Light / Black combination on my black Escalade which seemed to add a little more depth and hide swirls a little more than Zaino in a side by side hood test. Although will say Zaino holds out better after washing than black light/black combo.

I wanted to try something different for the Ghibli hence the GTechniq or OptiGaurd ... seems like I change it up every 10 years or so. At one time a used a Dynaglaze product out of NJ which I used to swear was the best on the market (before Zaino was available).

I just converted my wife's Jag to the Zaino system and it looks great.

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
I've not tried the Zaino leather cleaner though I have used their other products. I will include Z10 in my next order...
Z9 is the cleaner, Z10 is the protectant. After it's all said and done not only does it look good, but the car has that "new" leather smell.

I don't want to sound like some whacked out zainonite, but zaino is a must have for anyone who values a clean shiny ride. Cost and quality wise it can't be beat.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I would not use Armour All because it contains silicones that will damage and degrade the plastics and leather. I am currently using water and some simple green and if needed, Lexol. Goal is to keep the finish clean and "matte finish" - unless you prefer a shiny finish.
I prefer a shiny finish how can i accomplish this please inform me. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Z9 is the cleaner, Z10 is the protectant. After it's all said and done not only does it look good, but the car has that "new" leather smell.

I don't want to sound like some whacked out zainonite, but zaino is a must have for anyone who values a clean shiny ride. Cost and quality wise it can't be beat.
Will Zaino make my red seats and red leather interior shiny and glossy bright red?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts