Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put on a Clear Bra on their car? After 1,000 miles on my car I already have two rock chips midway up the hood and several in the front bumper. The Ghibli takes a lot of rocks due to the hood slanting down and the nose being so big. I am not a fan of clear bras but I don't see any other option…thinking about have the whole hood clear bra along with the nose. Any recommendations on which clear bra to use?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have clear bra on mine. It is the 3M product and came from the dealer with it installed. In addition, I am a big fan of the 3M clear bra. I have it installed on all my cars that are subjected to the rotten Minnesota winter.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I decided to use the Xpel Ultimate after lots of research. I'm having it put on the entire hood after I've noticed a few chips. I'll post pictures next weekend following my install.

·
Registered
695 Posts
We're doing Xpel also before road trip. My installer says most people do whole front to avoid the line. He says not really necessary.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We're doing Xpel also before road trip. My installer says most people do whole front to avoid the line. He says not really necessary.
Except the chips two chips on my hood are more then 1/2 way up the hood. This car's hood slopes downward and you will get chips past the front half or third of the hood.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts