Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2015 clicks from what sounds like the front driver’s side. My dealership has replicated the sound but will not investigate because they say it is not mechanical. They suspect the spindle. When accelerating it clicks more rapidly. Anyone have this issue?

·
Super Moderator
2,182 Posts
There are a couple sources in those model years ... high pressure injectors and speedometer. If it's a rattle it's more likely the turbo waste gate.
As milanojess indicates hearing the sound would help ... also surprised service didn't comment on what it was.
I barely notice it in my 2014 ... it's there but part of the background noise.

Reactions: Deneen Gomez

·
Registered
195 Posts
If you can pop the hood and listen while it's idling and have someone slowly raise the RPMs for a moment, can you get a better idea where the sound is coming from? If you can hear it more from the upper firewall area on the passenger side, it could be the fuel pump. The injectors are noisey too, but that should be more even on both sides. Those are audible while standing still. For me, the waste gates did not rattle and make a lot of noise until I was driving. Even after the campaign, I still hear my waste gates but the rattle is all but gone.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've heard that the 2014-2016 models have clicking in the engine due to the injectors. It was fixed in the 2017 models.

So it sounds like they are likely correct, it is more of a nuisance on the old models than a mechanical problem. So essentially nothing to fix unless you get a newer model.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts