Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been advised that when 'auto' is selected in climate, this also automatically turns on the air con.
Is this correct ??.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Not 100 % sure but I think auto should turn the air or heat according to the outside weather.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your lone response Dane, I hadn't thought this would have been such a difficult question from so many views.

·
Administrator
2,414 Posts
I use auto mode. It automatically will supply heat or cold air to the vehicle. The heat will usually start in the window vents and once warmed up progress to the lower sections.

The car will also turn on the heated seats based on how cold. Leaving my garage they are off, but coming home on a cold day they turn on automatically.

·
Registered
863 Posts
And BeerGuy is absolutely correct...

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have been advised that when 'auto' is selected in climate, this also automatically turns on the air con.
Is this correct ??.
AUTO does everything. You just need to define the desired temperature.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Some real world advise. Every once in a while turn on the A/C during the winter. This will keep your seals lubricated and the system running correctly so when you do eventually need the system to work, it will!
Steve

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not wishing to labour things & being very grateful for all responses, may I just clarify one point.
BeerGuy indicates that auto does 'everything', I wonder if this includes A/C ?, as Spsesq later suggests we should actually turn A/C on periodically.

·
Administrator
2,414 Posts
Not wishing to labour things & being very grateful for all responses, may I just clarify one point.
BeerGuy indicates that auto does 'everything', I wonder if this includes A/C ?, as Spsesq later suggests we should actually turn A/C on periodically.
The AC comes on automatically when warm/hot. But in winter there is little call for the AC, unless you are using the defog/defrost feature. I made a 140 mile trip last week and it was 32F outside ... my heat was on, but also noted the AC kicked on a few times when the interior got above set point.

·
Registered
258 Posts
When Auto is selected, the AC is ALWAYS on. This is true for any car with auto feature. If you don't believe me, drive in the coldest day in winter in Auto mode, and see what happens when you manually turn off the AC.

Fog, fog, everywhere.

·
Administrator
2,414 Posts
When Auto is selected, the AC is ALWAYS on. This is true for any car with auto feature. If you don't believe me, drive in the coldest day in winter in Auto mode, and see what happens when you manually turn off the AC.

Fog, fog, everywhere.
Interesting you say that "Fog ...". My Escalade is on all the time, but sometimes I turn off the AC button and no fog at all.

On the Ghibli, for that long trip, I turned off the climate control, tilted the sunroof and 10 minutes later I had a huge puff of "fog" that completely fogged up all the windows and had to turn on the climate control which then completely cleared it up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts