Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm wrestling with my ventilation system. Compared to most other cars it seems like my Ghibli isn't working quite right. If I set the climate controls to Auto and jack the heat all the way up to HI, the front vents in the dash don't do much, hardly any air flows out of them. Also even if I manually set the fans to full power, not a whole lot of air flows. And, yes, I open the vents all the way too. Other cars I own[ed] have more powerful fans / more air flowing from the vents.

Does your Ghibli behave similarly?

Here's a photo of my settings:

·
Registered
305 Posts
You should have tried the VW Phaeton the dash vents on that car required a degree in logic to operate, reputedly because Ferdiand Piech did not like draughts, still a great car. I suspect in auto you will not necessarily get output from the dash vents and will need to put it one of the first two positions in the centre icons to be sure of such ventialation.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Have you tried the switches under the MTC that are adjustible for individual climate control?

Also, are you sure the vents are physically open? (I know - dumb question, but I figured I'd ask anyway. :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think that the Auto function really only spits out air through the vents by your feet. Changing to manual controls should fix that though. Is it just not the intensity that you'd like or is it also not heating your car very effectively?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that the Auto function really only spits out air through the vents by your feet.
That's what I'd like to know. Ghibli owners, do you experience the same behavior in Auto mode? Also if you manually set your fan to max (7) with your heat setting to HI, do your front vents put out much air?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Realizing this may be a stupid suggestion. Which air flow option (the pics in the center) did you pick? Could be having none picked is the reason no air flow? Or is auto supposed to select where the flow goes? And if so are there sensors placed around the car so that it can actually select where to flow the air (feet, defrost, from dash, etc) based on temperature in the various areas of the car ? if that is so that sounds like a very cool feature, assuming you can get it to work!!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So anyone with a Ghibli try this yet? Do you have a similar experience with your fan/ventilation?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hello to everybody and in this case specially to rsm
I'm a new member from Switzerland and got finally my Q4 yesterday after 7 months of waiting. So I asked my dealer yesterday about the AUTO position. He confirmed that on AUTO you can do nothing, the system makes everything. If you go to MAX A/C the vents blow very strong.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was unable to duplicate your climate problem. The heat did not work until the engine was hot enough to produce warm air and that took longer than I think it should, but it did finally operate at full force.
However, in studying my "Maserati Touch Control" manual I noticed that a control, marked rear climate and pictured in the manual, is missing from my climate control screen. It is well described in the manual and is used to bring up a separate screen for controlling the rear climate. Was this only available in certain packages? Does anyone actually have a soft button on their screen to control the rear climate?

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
In my experience the heating an ventilation system is hopeless and have reported the issue to my dealer. My issues stem from the fact that I have to run the Ghibli at 28c to obtain a comfortable cabin... and on all previous cars that has been 20c. When the bad weather came (ice/frost) I did my usual morning chore and lit up the Ghibli, my wifes Merc and my sons BMW. The latter two set to 22c cleared the ice and demisted leaving a comfortable cabin temperature whereas the Ghibli made little dent on the ice and a chilly cabin! I didn't see the Maserati Ice-Scraper on the list of accessories but clearly needed! My dealer commented was that others have also reported the need to run the heating a few degrees higher than normal but I have insisted they take it in and check - mine clearly isn't right... or don't they expect cold climates in Italy!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine doesn't work either : it is only a ON/OFF thing. If i want hot, i set up to the highest temp. But soon i am too hot so i need to set it up to the lowest. Between low and high, nothing happens. They will fix it this week (hope so...).

·
Administrator
2,250 Posts
I have not parked mine outside in ice or snow, but have no current problems with heat or cooling in temps below 0 C. They did a software update this summer on AC (cold air through defroster vents only at times).

I do notice that in AUTO heat will come from the defroster for a fixed period of time, before balancing to the lower vents. Otherwise on cold days it was comfortable, but will admit not as powerful or fast as my other Cadillac.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! I have the same problem. A few days ago everything work, but now seems that there's no air blowing from the dashboard vents. I tried in auto mode and also in manual. But even in maximum power of the fans, the air don't flow trough the dashboard vents. I tried all that I can think and I'm not able to solve this. Do you already find one solution for that?!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi! I have the same problem. A few days ago everything work, but now seems that there's no air blowing from the dashboard vents. I tried in auto mode and also in manual. But even in maximum power of the fans, the air don't flow trough the dashboard vents. I tried all that I can think and I'm not able to solve this. Do you already find one solution for that?!

I have read about an issue like you describe. To solve required either a replacement part or software update. I would suggest contacting your dealer.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I too have had multiple issues with my climate system, some of which have been rectified by the dealer (replacement of an attenuator for one thing), and other oddities that others have described in this thread that Maserati, according to my dealer at least, refuses to acknowledge actually occurs.
I don't understand why these sorts of problems have not been resolved inasmuch as they appear to have existed since 2014 at least.
Oh well, you get what you pay for--or not!

·
Registered
102 Posts
ghiblihater - I think the biggest issue for you is finding a new dealership. Every problem that you've encountered is known and easily fixed. If your dealership is ruining your experience, find a new one. I have over 16k on my SQ4 and the only problem I've had was a power steering pump failure which was quickly fixed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts