Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. In the middle of a paddle shifter installation and hit a snag. Anyone who has done this, how is the clock spring assembly lifted away from the rear portion of the steering column cover? The whole cover lifts attached to the clock spring when pulled on, and I believe I need to remove just the clock spring to get to the paddle mounting bolts and connector in behind. Photo below of where I got to (small top plastic column surround removed). Appreciate insights here...

·
Registered
637 Posts
it comes with the it. pop off that short bit of dash below the cluster box screen, there are two 3mm allens on either of the knee panels that need loosening, then pry away the knee panel a bit to free up the rest of the clock spring hood bracket.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, sc00bk. Many thanks for the reply!
As you were typing, I was in the process of giving it another try. It was not clear how the column cover was attached at the back but I found that the lower portion detached on its own, leaving the rest of the clock spring and signal lever in place. From here I was able to pull the yellow connector from the back of the clock spring and access the mounting plate for the paddles. The paddles slid up in place behind the clock spring assembly, and I bolted them on from below and behind. Couple connectors, wheel and air bag reconnected and I've got working paddles!
Thanks again.

·
Registered
637 Posts
good on ya bud. i suppose i should have actually interjected that you didn't need to removed the clock spring... my bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts