Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend and i had a debate over which color looks better on the ghibli (bianco or grigio maratea) .. would like to hear what you all think, for those who chose bianco and those who chose grigio maratea.

also, it would be interesting to get a poll started to see what colors are the most popular for the ghibli.. how do you post polls on this forum?

i like bianco because i like the high contrast between the black front grill and and white body. i like how white stands out more in both day and night. white has also kinda become the new black in terms of popularity (it wasnt that long ago that white was not a popular color, and now we're beginning to see a lot more sleek white cars around)..

one thing i wasnt able to confirm or agree with him on is whether the curvy body contour lines on the car stands out more in bianco or grigrio maratea. ex. the wide hip line of the car and the 2 lines across the side panel of the car that almost joins at the rear wheel... which color would accentuate the body lines more?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Not that a man shouldn't drive a white car, but as a car color white is probably more appropriate for a woman. Just getting that out in the open.

As for revealing contour and depth lighter colors are the way to go since they reflect more light and human beings can better distinguish minor shifts in lighter colors than darker ones.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Color is a very personal choice. As for me I have never really been a fan of white. That said I ordered Bianco (white) with the Rosso (red) interior. I have seen the car in 6 or more colors at my dealer and each time I compare, I cannot take my eyes off of the white. To me, something about the Bianco allows the lines to stand out. And I love the contrast between the black and white. If RSM is right, I might need to get in touch with my feminine side :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
No doubt, white looks fantastic on the Ghibli. As for being feminine, those of us who are comfortable in our masculinity should have no concern driving a white car.

·
Registered
103 Posts
No doubt, white looks fantastic on the Ghibli. As for being feminine, those of us who are comfortable in our masculinity should have no concern driving a white car.
Agreed. My potential future Ghibli would be white. And anyway, we're not talking about a Mercedes C Coupe in white here (design directed to a more feminine taste, while a Ghibli is more universal).

I love that lighter blue color but it appears $$$$.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts