Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
The skin on the armrest door got damaged. Does anyone know how to remove the doors so I can have them sent for recovering?

·
Registered
133 Posts
It’s a real pain...if you want the doors out you have to remove the center console entirely and separate it

·
Registered
118 Posts
The door is easy to remove, there is a recess on the driver's side armrest used to pull the door shut, this lifts out. There are two bolts there. The top wooden or carbon fibre panel pulls off but you have to be careful, I think there is a hook at either end, so as you pull, you also ease the panel toward and backward to clear the hooks otherwise you might snap them off. There is a bolt behind that panel. Then you remove the rear red courtesy light, be careful again that you don't break the tab off the light. There is a bolt inside there which most people miss. Then you door should be unfixed so you can use a trim removal tool to gently pull the door panel away from the door without breaking the plastic clips. Lastly lift the rear of the panel to clear the door lock tab on top and then remove the electrical connections and door cable.

Regards,

David

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the door explaination. I'm referring to the center console armrest. Anyone have any tricks other than total removal of the console?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts