Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm to the point where I want to put my fist through the screen...! I cannot get the MTC to "Browse" when my iPhone 5 (OS 8.1.2) is connected via USB. The MTC Keeps telling me it is building my song list and never finishes. However, it seems like it (MTC) has all my songs (roughly 2900+) in alphabetical order. I have to go into my iPhone, select an album then a song. I have to repeat this at least 5 times before it starts playing the song. It reads a totally different song on the screen.

I have totally lost my patience. Our BMW and Lexus has zero problems when it come to this. Any fixes out there..?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I was getting wonky behavior as well and really didn't feel like dedicating hours to troubleshoot and fix. I ended up sticking my iPhone in the armrest and stream online online music via bluetooth. I keep it plugged onto a combo USB Car Charger adapter. In the small compartment behind the shifter I plugged in a small iPod with downloaded music. Everything is working fine.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Originally Posted by MyGhIbLiRoCkSI'm to the point where I want to put my fist through the screen...! I cannot get the MTC to "Browse" when my iPhone 5 (OS 8.1.2) is connected via USB. The MTC Keeps telling me it is building my song list and never finishes. However, it seems like it (MTC) has all my songs (roughly 2900+) in alphabetical order. I have to go into my iPhone, select an album then a song. I have to repeat this at least 5 times before it starts playing the song. It reads a totally different song on the screen.

I have totally lost my patience. Our BMW and Lexus has zero problems when it come to this. Any fixes out there..?
Hi MyGhIbLiRoCkS,

In addition to the suggestion made by sizquik (thanks sizquick!), I wanted to let you know that Maserati is currently working on a software update for the radio that will ease your frustrations. When the update is available, I will post the information on the forum so that everyone is aware. Stay tuned!

Warm Regards,
Erica (MaseratiCares)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Erica--
Any word on the software update? Taking my car in for the one year service in a couple of weeks and would like to get the upgrade done while the car is in for service.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Originally Posted by maugust100Erica--
Any word on the software update? Taking my car in for the one year service in a couple of weeks and would like to get the upgrade done while the car is in for service.
Hi maugust100,

The software updates will be rolled out shortly. I should have an official update on timing by the end of the month. Thanks so much for your continued patience!

Erica (MaseratiCares)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just about every post on this forum has some kind of complaint about ghibli. No wonder people are afraid to pull a trigger for this car. In addition, it seems that maserati is not in the hurry to fix things either. Love my ghibli and I would not mind having issues with it as long as company is taking care of its costumers.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Erica what updates are about to be rolled out. I have heard about a few of them from you.

1. this one for MTC and Iphone issue
2. for the audio system bass issue.
3. brakes issue.

Can you post some time lines for these updates and any other update that i have missed.

Hi maugust100,

The software updates will be rolled out shortly. I should have an official update on timing by the end of the month. Thanks so much for your continued patience!

Erica (MaseratiCares)

·
Registered
863 Posts
Well this is what is forums are about, discussing most isuses or some problem. If your car has zero issue would you post that you have zero issue, right?

Secondly people do have different things to talk about over here but since the car is so new there isnt much stuff out there for the mods or other things to talk about that much.

I am completely with you on this one about the issue part as long as the company is taking care of it. The only problem is the company is not letting people know that they are coming up with the fix to certain issues. A more proactive approach is needed.

Just about every post on this forum has some kind of complaint about ghibli. No wonder people are afraid to pull a trigger for this car. In addition, it seems that maserati is not in the hurry to fix things either. Love my ghibli and I would not mind having issues with it as long as company is taking care of its costumers.

Reactions: sverzi

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yeah an update would be nice before I get my audio updated...lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi maugust100,

Erica (MaseratiCares)
I am very happy with my Ghibli, but I might suggest that it is better to under promise and over deliver than the reverse. MNA has been telling my dealer these audio updates (I can live with the rather poor Anything-But-Premium sound but the phone crackling is seriously annoying) are a week or two away for months now; you'll forgive me if I'm somewhat skeptical.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Originally Posted by maugust100Erica--
I am taking my car in tomorrow for the one year service--any word on the audio software update?
Hi maugust100,
We’re still awaiting the arrival of parts at all dealerships nationwide, so the updates are still in a "pending" status. Once more information is available, I will definitely provide an update on the forum. I’d also be more than happy to assist you with your appointment or answer any questions you may have after your appointment. Please let me know!

Erica (MaseratiCares)

·
Registered
14 Posts
... you'll forgive me if I'm somewhat skeptical.
Perhaps my skepticism was premature; I was dropping my car off at the dealer today for the waste gate clip issue and they had received word that many service updates will be made available as of next week, including the Bluetooth crackle issue. Also included were checks of the differential, amplifier software update, and replacement of the satellite antenna if needed among others.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Campaign # 263 " Sound System Amplifier " and Campaign# 266 " Hands-Free Phone Mod showed up today for a Ghibli I looked up, so maybe you are in luck.

S

·
Registered
397 Posts
Campaign # 263 " Sound System Amplifier " and Campaign# 266 " Hands-Free Phone Mod showed up today for a Ghibli I looked up, so maybe you are in luck.

S
Can you tell us where you find those campaign numbers.
I d love to get those two fixed before I hit the road next week.
Thanks.
Maybe Erica could confirm?
:D

·
Registered
397 Posts
OK . just emailed my maintenance guy in NYC.. They have the updates, BUT.. they re still waiting on the cables ( cables that Erica was talking about ) to arrive in a week or two.. So that said.. in the next couple weeks we should get those updates done!!!! I feel it s like waiting for xmas!! ...lol
Things are moving on.
To be continued....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Can you tell us where you find those campaign numbers.
I d love to get those two fixed before I hit the road next week.
Thanks.
Maybe Erica could confirm?
:D
If you contact your Dealer they can run your VIN their MODIS system , which will give them any/all Campaigns related to your car. You can obviously ask them ( as you have ) to look it up before you go in for service. But they should also check when your car arrives in service, as MNA may add Campaigns daily.

As for how I found them, I just looked in MODIS

S

·
Registered
397 Posts
If you contact your Dealer they can run your VIN their MODIS system , which will give them any/all Campaigns related to your car. You can obviously ask them ( as you have ) to look it up before you go in for service. But they should also check when your car arrives in service, as MNA may add Campaigns daily.

As for how I found them, I just looked in MODIS

S
Thanks,
Yes I gave them my vin like you suggested. Luckily in NYC/ NJ they re very pro active, and work with the customer. ( not like if you re going to a GM/ ford/ chevy .. dealer if you know what i mean.lol) They re already taking good care of me. :D Thanks for the Info!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks,
Yes I gave them my vin like you suggested. Luckily in NYC/ NJ they re very pro active, and work with the customer. ( not like if you re going to a GM/ ford/ chevy .. dealer if you know what i mean.lol) They re already taking good care of me. :D Thanks for the Info!
My Pleaseure.

S

Reactions: sverzi
1 - 20 of 52 Posts