Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Guys
I am new to Maserati, just bought the CPO 2016 Ghibli S Q4 with 42k.
This car is due to to 4th years service: oil and filter, driving belts, air and cabin filters replacement. (spark plugs have been already replaced at 24k, per records). I ordered original maintenance parts from scuderiacarparts.com and oem oil from Amazon and started doubting...
Is performing this maintenance at my machanic's shop will void the CPO warranty in USA? It is hard to find this info online, can you please help?

·
Registered
611 Posts
your CPO packet provided by the dealership has all the fine print of covered/noncovered components and service requirements for said coverage.
no one but maserati north america/italy can answer that question definitively, a forum will have speculation and "should".
to my speculation, performing services with OE or OE quality parts maintains coverage. does not need to be at a dealership. the most important part is keeping receipts for the purchases and labor performed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, for reply sc00bk! I have only a letter regarding the CPO with VIN number and agreement start and end date, however I don't have detailed CPO packet in hand... That is why I am trying to find that info. Would it be any good way to find out? I don't think I will get an honest answer if I call Maserati.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Clarification, the previous owner bought this car as CPO, I am getting it from him, that is why I don't have CPO packet...

·
Registered
611 Posts
i have a blank extended warranty packet i can email you, the coverage is at least similar if not the same.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have a blank extended warranty packet i can email you, the coverage is at least similar if not the same.
Thank you for providing this info!
I was scared by the transfer warranty part of warranty packet that has to be completed within 15 days from the sale date at the dealership. However, when I called Maserati North America, they told me they can transition it on my name if I provide them with sales documents showing date of sale and millage. I also asked them if I can maintain the car at independent shop and they said yes as long as you have the parts and repair receipts!!! problem solved :)

·
Registered
611 Posts
Thank you for providing this info!
I was scared by the transfer warranty part of warranty packet that has to be completed within 15 days from the sale date at the dealership. However, when I called Maserati North America, they told me they can transition it on my name if I provide them with sales documents showing date of sale and millage. I also asked them if I can maintain the car at independent shop and they said yes as long as you have the parts and repair receipts!!! problem solved :)
thanks for the update.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Just to add my experience. I acquired my CPO from a Maserati dealer. I asked the Director of Service about whether I had to have them do scheduled maintenance for warranty honoring purposes. He said I did not have to, BUT, it would be in my best interest to send them all documentation of the work done outside so they can add it and approve it in their system. We were talking about oil changes at the time. He warned me that no one has the reset tool other than the dealer and that he has people come in all the time to just have the light reset after doing it outside and they charge $150 to reset the light AFTER they validate the service as being compliant.

My $0.02, I'll pay $400 once a year for an oil change and pay an extra $200 for convenience.

·
Super Moderator
2,137 Posts
He warned me that no one has the reset tool other than the dealer and that he has people come in all the time to just have the light reset after doing it outside and they charge $150 to reset the light AFTER they validate the service as being compliant
Several reset tools work for Maserati and are readily available to purchase on Amazon. Some on the forum rent/loan them out or purchased unit for around $200-220 to save the dealer trip, https://www.amazon.com/OBDSTAR-X-200-Configuration-Reset-Software/dp/B06XSXVYDW0 is one proven example.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Several reset tools work for Maserati and are readily available to purchase on Amazon. Some on the forum rent/loan them out or purchased unit for around $200-220 to save the dealer trip, https://www.amazon.com/OBDSTAR-X-200-Configuration-Reset-Software/dp/B06XSXVYDW0 is one proven example.
Yeah after he told me reset tools were dealer exclude I did a little homework. FWIU, there are a few MY’s where there is no aftermarket tool.

I don’t know. I’ll probably have this car for 36k more miles or three oil changes. I am not changing the oil myself, so any indie with no reset tool would charge $200 x 3 + $220 = $820. Dealer $1200 or basically the premium of an extra oil change.

Don’t get me wrong, $380 is a lot of money, but I think of all the other **** I spend money on and don’t get anything meaningful from it and it doesn’t seem a lot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts