Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm hesitant to start another thread like this because inevitably it starts the lease/finance/pay cash debate, but I figure we're all adults and ought to be able to share info without calling each other out for having different philosophies on how to purchase a new vehicle or why we make the financial decisions we do.

So with that being said, does anyone have any information on current lease programs? I'm expecting my car to arrive within the next couple of weeks and while I was initially planning to buy the car outright, it seems as though the majority of my dealer's sales are being written as leases. I didn't think Maserati was subsidizing/incentivizing leases on the Ghibli but am now wondering if the programs have changed since I first asked about them and found them to be pretty weak (this was back in January).

The initial numbers I was given were a 3.1% interest rate (.00131 money factor) and 55% residual on a 36 month, 10K miles/year lease through Ally Financial, though my dealer did say they would offer the best terms available at the time I take delivery. Anyone know if numbers have changed much? I'd love to do an ultra-low mileage lease (5K/yr a la Porsche) to bump up the residual however this isn't offered. Are there options other than Ally available or are they exclusive to Maserati?

Thanks in advance for any info, and remember - let's stick to the topic on this one! :)

·
Registered
852 Posts
not much change. I have the March program which is 53% residual for 12K miles, the 3.1% interest which is their "S" rate not their "A" rate which is 3.73%. the "S" rate requires a big down payment or previous ownership.........but because my credit score was so good, they were able to talk Ally into giving me the best rate, no money down. I took the lease dispite the residuals becasue I did not want to take the depreciation risk. My understanding is that Maserati is working on a Finance Company or at least an agreement with a competitor.....Good Luck with your decision.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Etodd. Like you, I'm also concerned about the depreciation risk on a buy, though it seems like the lease factors in a pretty significant equity drop as well. Hopefully April numbers will be better on the interest rate side, though with 2015's right around the corner residuals might start dropping. I'll report back what my dealer offers me once I have that info.

·
Administrator
2,554 Posts
Interesting.
I wanted to pay outright for the car to get the best clean deal and not deal with a lease or finance. I buy and hold for as long as 10 years, so recognize I would eat the depreciation, but over long haul I would be in good shape.

I got my best "net" price using financing which Maserati worked through Ally Financial for a no prepayment penalty loan.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most likely they massaged the sale price knowing they'd make it up on the back end. Mind if I ask the rate and term you took? My credit union is offering 1.9 for 60 months, but knowing I typically hold vehicles only 3-4 years I'd probably be upside down at the time I'd be ready to make another move. That's why I think I'm better off leasing if I don't just buy it outright.

·
Administrator
2,554 Posts
Just to show you how things worked out. I got the lowest net price by using the Ally 60-month loan @ 3.99% for entire car value (I paid taxes and extras out of pocket). The vehicle price was further reduced to cover my "interest" for an agreed upon period of time. So net, I got a lower price car by taking out the loan versus paying upfront. Which hopefully was an indicator the dealer was at rock bottom on new car price and "sharing" some of the back-end profit.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bumping this thread because I just heard my order was moved to 93 status which means it should arrive in about a week!

So, anyone in the US have any information on April lease rates??

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, my dealer is preparing numbers for me, but I wanted to be able to compare them with what others are seeing...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was quoted yesterday on a S Q4 lease - 3 years, 10K miles per year, rate 2.84%, MSRP of $$88,330, residual 55%, $ roughly $5,500 down.

Be good to know what others are seeing this month. How much will they come off MSRP on this lease? Any thoughts on this offer?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry, forgot to add one more important data point on my last post...duh. The monthly lease payment was quoted at $1,375.

·
Registered
52 Posts
MSRP $89K, negotiated price $78k. 4 year lease with 10k miles/yr. $5000 down (which includes first month payment and $900 sec deposit). My monthly is $921.

·
Registered
312 Posts
$1375 is too high. Should be between 900 and 1100 depending on how much you can negotiate the actual selling price down to.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Agreed

My payment was 1159 a month tax in payment on a $91,000 vehicle loaded.

CB keep looking you should be able to get 8 to 10k off your Msrp

Look for larger dealers with more inventory.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you all. I am going to work today on this. Drove it yesterday and loved it but the dealer is playing it cool on pricing.

·
Registered
312 Posts
By the way, an easy way to tell if you're getting a decent 36 month lease deal is to add up ALL of the up front money plus the remaining 35 payments including taxes. The total should between 51-54% of your Ghiblis MSRP.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Hey Joe300,

As you probably know, I think I am going to lease my first (and hopefully not the last) Ghibli for 36 months - up until the 2018 comes out with new engine; what is your lease term and the money factor they gave you?

That said, when leasing, it is making it more difficult to decide the best approach to take for preserving the look of the car - e.g. I would Xpel + opti-pro combo for sure for outside + take care of leather and clearplex for windshield if I were buying and would 'just' to deal with the winter damaged roads in the NE - e.g. tire/wheel insurance vs winter spare cast rims from DTD ot Tirerack.

I was reading the information available online from Ally re: Smartlease and Tre/wheel coverage. In particular it was not clear to me the extent of 'Normal wear & tear' - e.g. for the fix of paint damage etc it uses a $ 100 value in some instances. Other than for cosmetics would not use of touch-up paint and lacquer take care of paint chips and so I would only likely need 3 year tire/wheel coverage?

What did you decide to do on yours for Smartlease (body work, glass, electronics tire/wheels), just tire/wheels and did you use protection (LOL!) up front?

Thanks

DD

1 - 20 of 25 Posts