Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought and installed a custom alcantara wrapped steering wheel. Looks awesome and the red stitching on it matches the rest of the stitching in my car!

Was surprisingly easy to remove the existing steering wheel. Basically there are two screw covers on both sides of the back of the steering wheel. Remove the covers and you'll see two hex screws. Remove those and the airbag will come out. Disconnect the electrical connectors. Then there is one hex bolt holding the steering wheel on. Remove that and the wheel will slides off. Then install in reverse order. Takes about 15 minutes total time to swap out.

Picture:

http://www.cloudyip.net/MazWheel.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought and installed a custom alcantara wrapped steering wheel. Looks awesome and the red stitching on it matches the rest of the stitching in my car!

Was surprisingly easy to remove the existing steering wheel. Basically there are two screw covers on both sides of the back of the steering wheel. Remove the covers and you'll see two hex screws. Remove those and the airbag will come out. Disconnect the electrical connectors. Then there is one hex bolt holding the steering wheel on. Remove that and the wheel will slides off. Then install in reverse order. Takes about 15 minutes total time to swap out.

Hi Chris
I bought a new sport steering wheel for my 2016 Q4 Ghibli (My old one suffers from a what a lot of ghibli owners have - bad leather) It's very easy to get to the air bag off and to the center Hex bolt, but i had a big problem, i just can't get the bolt to loosen, regardless how much i lean into it. Did you have issues loosing the bolt when you changed your wheel?
Luca

·
Registered
196 Posts
I wonder if the wheel is from socal garage works? I like the shape of this one vs. some of the other D cut variants online.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts